Unknown nutrient deficiency

flowerlady

420 Member
New grower - Hi. Leaf browning at veins just started in only 1 of 3 (different strains) outdoor planted clones . This is Sativa, Melonade #8. Thriving in growth since 2nd transplant 10 days ago . Fox Farms Happy Frog soil, fed with Fox Farms Big Bloom 6 days ago - plan to add Grow Big next watering. Can't find this leaf issue in any of the online forum pics. Please advise. Thanks.

48816BE3-6A51-42F5-BECE-446B423B9320.jpeg

85216FF2-5010-4BBF-9EE9-DCB9A8FC9EE6_1_201_a.jpeg

hey flowerlady,

Welcome to 420! Congrats on your garden! This could be simple as rust but looks like more is going on. Believe I see pin pricks indicating pest pressure. So spider mites are freaking tiny and their eggs are even smaller - do you a have jewelers loupe? Snip a few fan leaves & check leaf underside for mite eggs. If no loupe then maybe try smartphone app called magnifyer.

For now the roots are not hooking up with the new soil, that doesn’t mean dig her up or anything.

How often do you water?
How much do you give?
What size container was the plant in before the transplant?
You mentioned FF nutes but do you have a cal-mag product?
Calcium & magnesium are needed but its usually not included with most NPK nutes

You might need to examine watering practices too, water away from the old rootball, water where you want the roots to grow - not where the roots are.

please drop some answers on us and if you don’t have a cal-mag product on hand suggest you get some pronto, also might want to snatch up some pest control solutions SNS is a sponsor here also there are other products like Neem Oil, Safers Soap etc. I‘m an indoors gardener but outdoors your chicks are exposed to everything but either way pests still manage to find our plants regardless of location. So yup get ready to battle pests at every turn

I am a newbie but theres a whole crew of really top notch growers gathered here, we will get you sorted. My 2 cents - see what else comes in.

hey flowerlady,

Welcome to 420! Congrats on your garden! This could be simple as rust but looks like more is going on. Believe I see pin pricks indicating pest pressure. So spider mites are freaking tiny and their eggs are even smaller - do you a have jewelers loupe? Snip a few fan leaves
hey flowerlady,

Welcome to 420! Congrats on your garden! This could be simple as rust but looks like more is going on. Believe I see pin pricks indicating pest pressure. So spider mites are freaking tiny and their eggs are even smaller - do you a have jewelers loupe? Snip a few fan leaves & check leaf underside for mite eggs. If no loupe then maybe try smartphone app called magnifyer.

For now the roots are not hooking up with the new soil, that doesn’t mean dig her up or anything.

How often do you water?
How much do you give?

You might need to examine watering practices too, water away from the old rootball, water where you want the roots to grow - not where the roots are.

please drop some answers on us and if you don’t have a cal-mag product on hand suggest you get some pronto, also might want to snatch up some pest control solutions SNS is a sponsor here also there are other products like Neem Oil, Safers Soap etc. I‘m an indoors gardener but outdoors your chicks are exposed to everything but either way pests still manage to find our plants regardless of location. So yup get ready to battle pests at every turn

I am a newbie but theres a whole crew of really top notch growers gathered here, we will get you sorted. My 2 cents - see what else comes in.
& check leaf underside for mite eggs. If no loupe then maybe try smartphone app called magnifyer.

How often do you water?
How much do you give?

Thanks. Took leaf to local nursery and they found mites. Sprayed with Neem. Thought FF trio enough based on reading, but do see they lack Cal- Mag - will get some, thanks. Pretty sure watering practice and transplanting process good.

Mites are horribly persistent - repeatedly spraying/wiping all the undersides of the leaves may eventually solve the problem but if they are in the local environment they will come back
Mites thrive in dry conditions, so regular spraying with water helps spoil their fun and even watering the soil around the plant might help with humidity
Don't know how practical it is for you, but putting a mini greenhouse type thing over them would probably be a solution to prevent outdoor pests getting at your plants

Mites are horribly persistent - repeatedly spraying/wiping all the undersides of the leaves may eventually solve the problem but if they are in the local environment they will come back
Mites thrive in dry conditions, so regular spraying with water helps spoil their fun and even watering the soil around the plant might help with humidity
Don't know how practical it is for you, but putting a mini greenhouse type thing over them would probably be a solution to prevent outdoor pests getting at your plants
Thanks. Started with Neem spray, and will move to organic mite spray that I can apply more often if persists - most of plant not damaged. It is quite dry here so will try spraying with water.

Back
Top Bottom