Babies are getting Ill

Desertrat60

Hey folks , Steve here in the High Desert . I'm 8 weeks into my 2nd. grow after killing 7 with nasty well water . So this far I'm actually into my first semi-successful grow . They are having some problems . Leaves are curled and brown at the tips and rust brown spots on some leaves . The problem is not too advanced yet , so I'm hoping for an intervention from you . I've noticed I cannot attach a pic to this thread , so I've put in all the info I can think of .
Here is what I've done so far :
These are seed plants ; Haze and Cotton Candy .
I have them in 5 gal. buckets
The soil is Ocean Forest - 2 parts / Happy Frog Soil Conditioner - 1 part
I've fed them about once every 10 days with Fox Farm Grow Big / Big Bloom , and Doctor Earth Nitro Bloom
I have them in a room with 2 - 450w LED Lights and ventilation .
I keep the room at about 75-80 (much lower temp. than outdoors) and 20% - 50% humidity .
I did the first root flush on them a week ago using Fox Farm Sledge Hammer .

As far as my Nute mix I go a bit light because they stay moist so long in the room .

The last thing is my Ph. is right around a low 7 . I tested the Ph. with my Ph. pen after collecting water from run off after a watering .

Thanks for your help ,
Steve

Re: Babies are getting Ill ....

Hi Desertrat60,

I think this is a situaton that would be well served by photos. Here is a link to instruction on how to upload and post them - Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

So you mention feeding every 10 days or so, is that your watering schedule as well? Only watering every 10 days? Nothing in your description causes any immediate suspicion so I'm hoping the pictures will shed some light on potential culprit.

Be well and happy growing!

Re: Babies are getting Ill ....

As TanR stated above a picture of the plants would really help but something did catch my eye. You state that your PH is coming out at a low 7 on the runoff am I correct? I'm not too sure with your particular nutrients but the majority of base nutrients are quite acidic and will lower your PH, so unless something in the soil is really buffering that back to Alkaline your PH could be way out of whack causing your plants to miss out on vital nutrients. PH for soil should be around 6.5 with variation between 6.0 and 7 now and again to take up specific nutrients available in those areas.

I wouldn't think that it was an over nutrient problem as after 8 weeks your soil has probably used up all it's nutrients anyway.

If you could post pictures that would be of great help in getting the situation remedied but if as I stated earlier you are feeding at a much too alkaline PH the plants will be unable to feed no matter how much you try. All the best and it may be worth your while considering setting up a journal so that other people can ride along with you and offer help, tips and advice. :thumb:

Without pictures, it didn't happen. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom