Leaves Turning Yellow And Then Dying Need Help!

Riskyplay11

Hi Guys im a relitively new grower, working on my 3rd grow right now. I am having a problem with my plants this go around in my veg and bloom rooms. The wierd part is i havent changed anything i did from my first two grows besides the CO2 in my bloom room.

My Room conditions are as follows -
Veg Room: Temp = 69-73F RH=Averge 30% Lights= 4ft 8 stick T5's Nutes = Fox farm Big Grow, and Big Bloom as per feeding schedual Soil= Fox Farm Happy Frog -- Plants are a month old from clones All First Ladies

Bloom Room: Temp = 72-82F RH=Averge 40% Lights= 3-600watt HPS, Sealed w/exhaust fan Nutes =Advanced nutrients Sensi A&B Bloom per feeding schedual Soil= Fox Farm Oceans-- Plants were vegged for 2 month and are 4 weeks into bloom - species royal kush and bubba kush - I am running a CO2 system at 1400 ppm

Both of my rooms are experienceing the same yellowing of leaves and tehn the tips curl up and the leaves die. My water started to smell like sulphur so when this first started i thought it was a sulfur toxification, so i started bringing in purified water i bought from the store. Ive been using this water for 3 weeks and nothing has changed. Its only maybe 15% of the leaves on the plants but now the plants in the bloom room are doing the same thing. I dont see any mold, not spider mites, cant see any thripes.....Im clueless please help!

I will attach pictures right after this post Thanks in advance!

:thanks:

IMG_0448_1_1.JPG
IMG_0449_1_1.JPG
IMG_0450_1_1.JPG
IMG_0451_1_1.JPG
IMG_0454_1_.JPG
IMG_0453_1_.JPG
IMG_0452_1_.JPG

whats your ph?

my origional water was a ph of 7 but now i have the purified water it is 6.3

I have never ph'ed the soil before should i get that?

Same strain of plant is it ?

Are these the same strains as from your first 'n' second grows ?

Those fancy looking bag/cloth pots look new, did ya use those since the beginning.

Kind of looks like a phosporus problem ?

Ya in my bloom room they are. The first lady's are a new strain im trying but its like that in both rooms so im guessin its not just the new strain. i start in dixie cups, till there a week old, then go to 3 qt. pots for a month then to 5 gallon smart pots.

Could this be root rot?

my origional water was a ph of 7 but now i have the purified water it is 6.3

I have never ph'ed the soil before should i get that?

I've found most problems are generally due to a ph imbalance or buildup of salts in your growing medium. I always check the solution ph level before watering, and then catch some of the runoff and test that. If the numbers are different then you have something in your medium that is causing the ph to fluctuate, thus locking out certain nutrients completely.

Root rot is pretty rare, I've never had it happen to me, and as long as you're letting the pots dry out between waterings, you shouldn't be seeing this.

I would check the ph of your runoff and see where it's at. That will tell you if you have a ph problem or not. If not, then you should take a peek at the roots if possible and see what their condition is.

do i just buy a ph tester im not sure how to test it.

Also if i am having a nutrient lock-out would rinsing it with fox-farm sledgehammer a couple of times fix this or no?

Ok so I watered everything last night but before I did I went and got a ph tester from the store. It is the tube style that you fill half full of water and had 4 drops and then check it with the color chart. Kinda crude but gives me an idea of where im at.
I checked my store bought purified water and it seemed to be a ph of 6.0 I then watered everything one of my plants with just that water and caught the runoff (which was very hard by the way) and retested the run off water. It seemed to be closer to the 7.0 ph color. So I decided to water the rest with the purified water with 2 tablespoons of FOX FARM SLEDEHAMMER. It says that it is there flush solution and is supposed to help relieve nutrient lock.
I really hope this works! I will defiantly keep you guys informed. Is there anything else I should try or just do this and wait? Also should I use the flush just this once or a coulple of watering??

More than likely a defeciency from rapid growth caused by under developed root system not being able to take up enough nutrients to support accelerated growth, there for the root system remains stunted creating the defeciency which it needs to support the accelerated growth of the plant.

Wow you guys are good. So i went to my local hydro store and bought a cheap soil ph meter.....went home and my soil ph is 7.5 to 8. You guys nailed it thank you so much. Purchased some ph down, got a reverse osmosis water system ordered and hopefully will be back to normal real soon. It sucks to learn about how important ph is like this but another lesson under my belt! Thanks again

Well PH is just a really common problem & first port of call of solving any problem.

You might want to have a look at this - Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial Manganese (Mn)

The thing about nutrient defeciencys is that they can look like one or the other & can be tricky to pin point which one, obviously different strains can be more senstive to PH/defeciencys than others - fact of MJ.

one thing, in your first pictures, with the yellow brown spots, i got the same thing when switching from tap water, to RO water.

RO water lacks minerals the plant needs, use cal-mag to fix this problem. it will recur.

ph plays a big role. but, with RO water, you will need cal-mag when it comes time to flower.

Back
Top Bottom