Leaves and stems yellowing then dying

Norcalgrower530

420 Member
My leaves and stems are yellowing and dying from the inside going up. 1st-2nd week into bloom

20220810_162440.jpg

20220810_161921.jpg

20220810_161412.jpg

20220810_161408.jpg

It looks like soil but that’s all we have to go on at this point. Please surf this link and give us the deets… .> > > How to ask for grow support

what kind of soil? how often do you water? how much volume in one watering session? are you feeding any nutes? which ones? are you adjusting ph? if so to what value? have you been using any iom (pest management products)?? do you have pests?

hard to say right now kinda suspect overwatering or fusarium…. weed roots need oxygen and oxygen is scarce is a continuously wet or damp soil

welcome aboard NorCal, more of the crew will jump in later

First, Welcome!! You’ll find a lot of people who want to help you here. Off the top of my head, it looks hungry. I say that because it’s losing leaves from the bottom up and inside out, no browning/mottling, just fading and yellowing. That suggests it needs some more N. However, it could be a water/ph issue that’s not allowing uptake. But as @013 said more info needed! Do the yellow leaves pull off the plant easily?

It looks like soil but that’s all we have to go on at this point. Please surf this link and give us the deets… .> > > How to ask for grow support

what kind of soil? how often do you water? how much volume in one watering session? are you feeding any nutes? which ones? are you adjusting ph? if so to what value? have you been using any iom (pest management products)?? do you have pests?

hard to say right now kinda suspect overwatering or fusarium…. weed roots need oxygen and oxygen is scarce is a continuously wet or damp soil

welcome aboard NorCal, more of the crew will jump in later
Appreciate quick response I'm running royal kings mix for the soil. My water schedule is feed/ water/ day off / water / feed / day off/ water. I'm using fox farm for all my nutes. I have 500 gallon water drum using aerator. I usually water 5 gallons per plant. I was beneficial bugs and organic pest control until I started having bug issues. Hit it with forbid 4f once before it went into budding.

Appreciate quick response I'm running royal kings mix for the soil. My water schedule is feed/ water/ day off / water / feed / day off/ water. I'm using fox farm for all my nutes. I have 500 gallon water drum using aerator. I usually water 5 gallons per plant. I was beneficial bugs and organic pest control until I started having bug issues. Hit it with forbid 4f once before it went into bloom. Always good in veg, but when I switch to bloom I seem to always have this issue. I feel like I'm missing some nutes or something

They are in raised garden beds that extend in the ground as well. Next time I feed I will ph the nutes. I usually feed with 5 gallon mix, but sometimes I will do big batch in the drum enough for 2 feedings.

Wow, very nice looking! It may just be that those lower interior leaves are just not getting enough light, so the plant is jettisoning them. I didn’t realize it was only the inner leaves, I thought it was exterior lower leaves too.

Edit: some things I would add, I would clean out all those dead leaves and trim off any yellow stems. It’s just a place for mold/fungus to hide. Also, watch that bigger stems don’t start yellowing/dying, that could be something more serious.

Hey @Norcalgrower530 :ciao: hope you are well my friend.
If your running a coco mix, you need to feed daily to run off at 5.8 ph.
Full strength nutrients every time.
Keep the Coco wet at all times, but never any plain water.
You need to put cal mag in your mix first, every time.
Let it sit 10 minutes then add nutrients, then set ph to 5.8.
Do this and she will bounce back.
Here I'd avjher I grew in Coco.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Screenshot_20220807-063826_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-063818_Chrome.jpg

I was not familiar with the soil, looked it up and it’s basically a coco grow. I don’t know how big your pots are, but 5 gallons a plant seems a lot. You must ph your feed mix to 5.8, do you mix up big batches of bytes and store them? I grow in soil, so I’m gonna tag @Bill284.

@NorCalGrower

After you posted the big picture photos, it became clear you really don't have much of an issue there. That kind of drying inside a large plant is normal for an outdoor grow of your size. The leaves on the inside do not get light and the plant is recycling nutrients by moving mobile elements like N to where it can be used. You ought to clean them out to prevent mould and rot from encouraging pests, etc. Your plants look great!

I know almost nothing about coco, but I doubt that yours would be considered a strictly "coco grow". From what info is available on the web, Kings Mix is about a 1/3 coco and the rest makes for an good soil base. INGREDIENTS: 25-35% coco fiber, perlite, aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss, coco chips, fish bone meal, basalt, bat guano, dolomite (PH adjuster) feather meal, kelp meal, gypsum. Maybe it's time to provide some flowering food?

Cheers

Emeraldo

They are in raised garden beds that extend in the ground as well.
Looks like the plants are in those open-ended metal rings that some people use for backyard fire-pits. If so, and the plastic sheet is cut open for the rings, then the plant roots are able to grow into the soil. Nice arrangement.

I'm using fox farm for all my nutes.
Fox Farm has about 10 different bottles of nutrients. Which ones are you using?

@NorCalGrower

After you posted the big picture photos, it became clear you really don't have much of an issue there. That kind of drying inside a large plant is normal for an outdoor grow of your size. The leaves on the inside do not get light and the plant is recycling nutrients by moving mobile elements like N to where it can be used. You ought to clean them out to prevent mould and rot from encouraging pests, etc. Your plants look great!

I know almost nothing about coco, but I doubt that yours would be considered a strictly "coco grow". From what info is available on the web, Kings Mix is about a 1/3 coco and the rest makes for an good soil base. INGREDIENTS: 25-35% coco fiber, perlite, aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss, coco chips, fish bone meal, basalt, bat guano, dolomite (PH adjuster) feather meal, kelp meal, gypsum. Maybe it's time to provide some flowering food?

Cheers

Emeraldo
It's described as a coco-peat blend, so it may be a hybrid. In any case, once I saw the big pictures I agree, don't think there's a problem.

Back
Top Bottom