Is this too much LED light

Shogun83

420 Member
I have two viparspectre 450 LED lights in a 2x4x5 grow tent.. 18/6.. happy frog soil.. just fed them with 1/4 dose of fox farm big bloom after I saw this problem yesterday.. the lights are over two plants at 5 weeks old.. 28 inches above the plant canopy.. top leaf tips are curled down and a lot of the leaf is starting to turn brown.. the upper leafs of the plant are curled up like a canoe.. refer to the pic.. I am assuming it is light burn so I took one light away.. am I on a good track?

7FABD5F8-156F-441F-8168-74514D071BA2.jpeg

6920FACD-5E0E-4D82-88FB-AE7055FE512E.jpeg

what are your temps ?
it's more likely to be heat stress but it is possible light is contributing.

burple is super crappy and not known to cause light stress the same as hid or white light led. anything is possible though. usually it presents more like a genetic issue under burple, and it will hit them more as seedlings. these look pretty established, which makes me question if it's light.

you should be running a rig with dimmers as well. it isn't too much light but it needs to be managed better.

what are your temps ?
it's more likely to be heat stress but it is possible light is contributing.

burple is super crappy and not known to cause light stress the same as hid or white light led. anything is possible though. usually it presents more like a genetic issue under burple, and it will hit them more as seedlings. these look pretty established, which makes me question if it's light.

you should be running a rig with dimmers as well. it isn't too much light but it needs to be managed better.
It stays around 80° and 40% humidity

Dont seem to hot back the lights of 5/10 inch should not take long for you to see IF things change.
One way i guess to discount that issue fast.
And welcome to the mad house.

2 × 200 watts of blurple is not too much light for an eight square foot garden space. It might be enough.

Too much light does not cause leaf burn - it causes "bleaching."

Tacoing with browning could be heat-related, but not always. Humidity issue, excessive wind, nutrient issue... Guessing is like hunting rabbit with your eyes closed; there's a chance you won't starve - but, either way, you'll probably waste a lot of anno.

Start by providing more information. This might help:

It stays around 80° and 40% humidity

it's toward the upper end but still easily in the safe zone for cannabis.

you can raise the light as @skunksa suggests, or re direct the circulation fan if it is blowing direct on them. humidity isn't bad either, my conditions are usually drier.

As @TorturedSoul points out you are only running 400w total of burple led which really shouldn't be enough to cause that issue on it's own. a quick google of your light shows there are straight versions with no dimming, versions with veg and bloom switches, and a dimmable light.

the best would be dimmable, i would be running about 75 - 80 % by now at 24 - 36 inches from the canopy.
second would be the switches, normally i'd run them both on, but you could try just running the veg switch, again about 24 - 36 inches above the canopy, that one toward the lower side.
the last is just the straight box. i'd run them at the 36 inch mark.

some proper pics in normal light would go a long way to helping us determine the issue.

Mega PAR lights require mega PAR nutes
Bump up the CaMg

probably. need to see them in real light to actually call it though.

it's toward the upper end but still easily in the safe zone for cannabis.

you can raise the light as @skunksa suggests, or re direct the circulation fan if it is blowing direct on them. humidity isn't bad either, my conditions are usually drier.

As @TorturedSoul points out you are only running 400w total of burple led which really shouldn't be enough to cause that issue on it's own. a quick google of your light shows there are straight versions with no dimming, versions with veg and bloom switches, and a dimmable light.

the best would be dimmable, i would be running about 75 - 80 % by now at 24 - 36 inches from the canopy.
second would be the switches, normally i'd run them both on, but you could try just running the veg switch, again about 24 - 36 inches above the canopy, that one toward the lower side.
the last is just the straight box. i'd run them at the 36 inch mark.

some proper pics in normal light would go a long way to helping us determine the issue.
Here’s a picture of the leaf in normal light. The second picture is of the leafs curling up. I topped it four days ago. The next day is when I noticed this but when I look back at my grow journal the life’s were curling up a week before I topped it. Also, I just did would you recommend it. I raised the lights and set them to only veg

DF9BD874-9492-4144-9ECB-16AD36D0FF69.jpeg

69CEE22E-ABE7-4070-9E42-E42F0B051F76.jpeg

Here’s a picture of the leaf in normal light. The second picture is of the leafs curling up. I topped it four days ago. The next day is when I noticed this but when I look back at my grow journal the life’s were curling up a week before I topped it. Also, I just did would you recommend it. I raised the lights and set them to only veg

DF9BD874-9492-4144-9ECB-16AD36D0FF69.jpeg

69CEE22E-ABE7-4070-9E42-E42F0B051F76.jpeg
I also noticed before I posted to this thread that I haven’t raised the fan since the plant has been growing. At a certain point the fan started blowing onto the plant directly. I raised that up two days ago

Back
Top Bottom