Urgent: A Message from Canddiate for Governor in MA

gnasher59

From Michael Horan, co-Chair, Green-Rainbow Party of Massachusetts:

I've been waiting some three-plus decades to hear a viable candidate for high office come out publicly in support of legalizing marijuana. Last week, on Boston Common, I heard just that--from Dr. Jill Stein, GRP candidate for governor.
As I write this, Jill's campaign has less than 24 hours to get the funds needed to qualify for public matching funds. Doing so will ensure that marijuana remains legalization remains on the table and part of the public, political discussion--and not just here on Massachusetts. Jill's stance on this has already obtained her more press than anything else has--and we want to make this a national issue as well.
Her own message is attached. Please give it your consideration!

Thank you--

michael

Less than 24 Hours to Change the Legalization Debate: Deadline Friday 3 pm

*A note from Massachusetts Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Jill Stein*

Dear friend,

I'm writing to tell you about a breakthrough opportunity for safe, rational drug policy - IF we seize the moment NOW. TODAY your support can ensure that my voice - in strong support of marijuana legalization - is included in the Massachusetts gubernatorial debates, and is supported by a fully funded campaign. Legalization is a subject the other three candidates are refusing to touch. But because I'm a medical doctor and public health advocate, I can take this issue on with credibility that none of my anti-legalization opponents have. And I'm saying what business as usual doesn't want to hear: That marijuana is dangerous because it is illegal. It is not illegal because it is dangerous.

This is shaping up as a major battle. We're qualified for the ballot, and the groundswell for my campaign is growing.

But now some powerful forces are trying to slam the door in our face. The Boston media consortium recently sent me a letter saying that they will exclude me from their major October debate unless my campaign meets their arbitrary fundraising goal. And we are also approaching a September 24 deadline for raising enough money to qualify for state matching funds. If my seat is empty, then the three insider candidates I'm running against will make sure that voters won't hear our arguments

We've already raised over $90,000 in total. I'm not a Beacon Hill politician. So I'm not collecting big checks from a political party machine, from lobbyists, or from favor-seeking CEOs. Instead, I'm counting on people like you to make this happen. If you pitch in now, we will become an unstoppable force for a more safe, effective, and rational drug policy in Massachusetts and beyond. We can staunch the flow of money to illegal drug networks, generate new funds for our communities, improve public safety, and create new jobs in the hemp sector.

Please go to my website and seize this incredible moment of opportunity for a healthy, secure future by donating online.

Thank you very much for being a part of this movement for change!

Upward!

Jill Stein
September 19, 2010
Jill Stein for Governor of Massachusetts

P.S. It would help TREMENDOUSLY if you could forward this message to your friends who might want to help push the envelope for safer, rational drug policy. If everyone who donates just finds three more donors, we will be fully funded and in the debates! Also, check out the Boston Herald article about my appearance at the Freedom Rally by clicking here.
--

Back
Top Bottom