US Authorities Crack Down On Medical Cannabis

Truth Seeker

California is one of more than a dozen US states where marijuana is legal for medical purposes, even though those states' laws are a violation of federal drug policy.

Federal authorities have renewed a crackdown on state-sanctioned medical marijuana facilities despite promises by Barack Obama, the president, to keep the issue low on his list of priorities.

Local authorities are now also trying to stop people from making money off the medicinal cannabis industry, as it is meant to be a non-profit venture.

Al Jazeera's Rob Reynolds reports from Oakland, California.

Sad that even though now we know that Obama was a heavy smoker while living in Hawaii that he can't do the right thing and end this nonsense. It all boils down to the money again. Too many people making way too much money off of prohibition. The real sad part is that if Obama had been busted like millions of other kids that have smoked he never would have been allowed to become a senator or a president.

obama, bush and clinton also smoked but the only difference with clinton is, he didn't inhale. Yet, an olympic hopeful smokes a joint to sooth his nerves and pisses hot and they send him packing.

When I think about the wide variety of ailments medical marijuana successfully treats, without the dangerous side effects that occur when using prescription drugs to treat the same ailments, it occurs to me that the pharmaceutical industry stands to lose some business and profit if medical marijuana laws are upheld. This makes me wonder if this war on cannabis from our county's powerful lawmakers is a result of the immense political clout of the pharmaceutical industry.

Back
Top Bottom