VA Hospital Police On Medical Pot: Don't Bring It Inside

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The policy of Lutz Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Saginaw regarding Michigan's new medical marijuana laws is: Keep it in your car.

VA hospitals will not write recommendations that patients receive marijuana and will not allow consumption or possession on the premises, said Carrie L. Seward, public affairs officer for the hospital.

"We will not be able to do anything for medical marijuana," she said.

Seward said violators will "probably get a courtesy warning ... but they should leave it in their car or it should not be on the premises."

Seward said patients should notify their VA doctors if they are using medical marijuana, especially if they are part of a pain treatment program. Patients also should possess proper documentation to show they are legal users.

So far the issue has not come up, Seward said, but the hospital is clarifying the policy for when it does.

"That's great," said Gregory R. Switala of Clio, a coordinator for the Saginaw/Bay City Michigan Medical Marijuana Compassionate Care Club. "As long as they're leaving people be, that's all we're looking for."

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Saginaw News
Author: Gus Burns
Copyright: 2009 Michigan Live LLC.
Website: VA hospital police on medical pot: Don't bring it inside - Saginaw News - The Latest News, Blogs, Photos & Videos — MLive.com

I have to deal with the VA hospital here in Atlanta all the time they suck all they care about is them self. The shit hole needs to be clean out the people that try to run the place needs to be kick out and run a new crew in there. They could care less about the pain we have to suffer the meds they give you aren't worth a fuck. What would they do if they were in pain? Medical pot needs to be put in to use instead of all the meds that eat up your liver and ever thing else in the body.
Peace

I've been a patient of the VA for about 5 years now, CPOD from smoking cigs for 40 years. I go to Hines in Chicago and in the last year it has gone to shit. Just like the grunt said "The shit hole needs to be clean out the people that try to run the place needs to be kick out and run a new crew in there." I had a procedure done where the stuck a camera into my lungs. I was kinda nervous about this and smoked several bowls on the way to Hines. I thought I had better tell the doctor when she told me I was going to be anethtisized. She got all preachy about it and I had to remind her of the doctor patient confidentiality policy. Probably should have kept my mouth shut.
We are still in the dark ages here in Illinois, however a little light is shinning in, they are talking about MMJ. Once these politicians realize the tax potential and the political contributions the can "charge" for licenses things will change.

Hey Grunt69 are you a Marine? If so SemperFi, I was in from 67 to 73.

Hi Repobob, no I'm Army I was drafted in 68 went to the Nam in 69 return to the states in 70 I was in the Mekong Delta now that was a real shit hole.
Welcome home brother
Grunt69

The Delta was no fun, I had a couple buddies there. I was between DaNang and Monkey Mountain from 69 to 71. Flew over the Delta a couple times and it was shitty from the chopper, had to be way worse from the ground.
Welcome Home Bro.

Back
Top Bottom