vacation / auto pilot anyone?

thehitman

I asked this q in another forum and got no reply -

What do you do to automate the garden so you can go on vacation for a couple of weeks?

I have a 10 gal tank and a drip water feed in the veg area, but my flower room is manual watering.

has anyone figured out a reliable system to keep the garden going safely while you are out of town for a few weeks?

thanks in advance

thehitman :helpsmilie:

While I'm sure you could come up with a viable setup to take care of everything on autopilot for an extended period, I could only imagine what the cost of such equipment would be. I can tell you that over the years I've found a sure fire method for keeping your grow going while you take a cruise or something. Have a close friend who you trust completely to come by and just give everything the once over at least twice a week. My friend would actually call me and send photos while he was in the grow room so I could see for myself. Of course I share the fruits of my harvest copiously with this trusted friend and he's happy to take it on. It's really the only way to be sure. Equipment can fail, power can go off throwing everything out of whack, like light timers, etc...

Yea - that is the best possible solution. But I don't have any very close friends here in my current location, so that is not an option at this point in time. Perhaps if we met some local folk that would work in the future. Also, we are kinda rural, so if may be inconvenient for some.

Oh well, I may have to stop the grow room if we go on an extended trip. :surrender:

Hey Buddy don't give up on the idea. If your away for only a few wks I think its worth giving an auto drip system a try. Ive seen them on amazon before & some have 10/20ltr bags for example attached to a hose that drips water into multiple mediums. They werent expensive either so could be a possible solution for ya. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom