Veg plants smelling?

old_smokey9483

Does it mean anything if a plant I have in vegatative cycle that smells? Not all of them smell, just one.

mine all smell, my room has a nice faint but apparent aroma when ever i walk into it, i love it. They really didnt start smelling untill about a week ago, 2 weeks in the veg cycle. So if it isnt normal then mine smell too. . .

well I know it's normal because it's happened to me before, but my main question is: is it more likley to be a female if it smells?

now that is a good question, i dont have much experinece with the subject other than what i have read here. . . i hope so cuz i am pretty sure all of mine smell.

I just guessed (doesn't mean it's true) that if a plant smelled good in the veg cycle, maybe it'd come out with dank nugs and a strong smell. (directing question towards smokeymacpot, blac, p420...)

All strains have different smells and potencies. Just because it smells doesnt mean it will be potent or a female. Some buds can produce extremely fragrant buds that are mild. There is no way to tell a female from a male based on smell, you are going to have to wait until it sexually matures first. It sucks but ya gatta wait. Hope they turn out nice.

Well, even if the great smell doesn't benefit me through smoking, I still enjoy the smell. A guy I know has 6 or 8 ten foot plants, all girls and budding. He can never have someone over at his house unless he trusts them. The whole house reeks all the time, I not sure how he even sleeps, but it is kinda cool.

Carp you can too have pizza delivered, every one knows the pizza delivery dude smokes

brett2themax said:
Carp you can too have pizza delivered, every one knows the pizza delivery dude smokes

lol yeah man. I was a pizza delivery guy for a few years. There's been so many times when I've ordered pizza and the house stunk of weed and I came to the door baked. They usually make some friendly comment about weed, but you can't trust em all.

old_smokey9483 said:
well I know it's normal because it's happened to me before, but my main question is: is it more likley to be a female if it smells?
from my experience the plants that smell end up male and the ones that dont smell are female ill keep my eyes and nose out for it in my current grow. and tell you what i find out:bongrip:

old_smokey9483 said:
nope... i've had male plants that smelled way more than any female plant i've ever had...

brett2themax said:
i used to be a chinese delivery guy... and i've had ppl blaze me out on the job... but I was allowed to wear whatever I wanted, so i'd have either a sublime hat, a sublime shirt, or something else weed-related... just so ppl knew

outcold28 said:
from my experience the plants that smell end up male and the ones that dont smell are female ill keep my eyes and nose out for it in my current grow. and tell you what i find out:bongrip:

i've had plenty of smelly females tho... i've noticed that a lot of bagseeds tend to have smelly vegetative plants... but then again, i've only had low-smelling quality genetics be4...

Back
Top Bottom