Plant smell

MGD420

This might sound silly even ridiculous to even ask but just out of curiosity.

At what age do plants generally begin to have any smell to them ? I know that the plants can smell quite strong as they are in flower but I have 3 plants around 11 - 12 days old and the biggest of the 3 is starting to have a weed smell already when I op3n the tent I can smell it. Its not overpowering but there is definitely a skunky smell coming from it already, the other two plants have no smell at all. Im not worried about it I was just curious as the concensus is that plants don't generally start to smell at least for a few weeks or until they start to go into flower.

Thanks.

Varies widely on the Strain, some start way before Flower and some never really all that strong even towards the end (in comparison to others that stink up the place).

@MGD420 & @Dwight Monk. Yes, I can attest to the statement that it really depends on the strain. In my 2019 outdoor grow, I had 3 White Widow girls that stunk up my yard so bad that people out front actually thought the smell must be coming from the nearby dispensary, even though it was waaaay too far away. Even though it is quite legal for me to grow in my local, I keep everything out-of-sight for security reasons... so these folks didn't know that I had a grow.

@MGD420 & @Dwight Monk. Yes, I can attest to the statement that it really depends on the strain. In my 2019 outdoor grow, I had 3 White Widow girls that stunk up my yard so bad that people out front actually thought the smell must be coming from the nearby dispensary, even though it was waaaay to far away. Even though it is quite legal for me to grow in my local, I keep everything out-of-sight for security reasons... so these folks didn't know that I had a grow.
Thanks for the reply, at least i know its not my imagination :laughtwo: I do have a white widow CBD strain from dutch passion growing at the moment, unfortunately I mixed up the plants when I moved them out the tent to put the hempy buckets in so don't know what strain it is that is starting to smell a bit, hopefully once they're in flower I might be able to tell by the smell and look of the buds.

Back
Top Bottom