Veggin' out with 100w CFL - Got a ?

WaVancouver

My plant is 8 days old and is about 5 inches tall. It's been vegging under a 100watt CFL 24/0 for the past 3 days. the other 5 days it was under 18/6.

This is a image that is relevant to the post that I borrowed from Smokin' ***** that best resembles my plant:

tmpphpYwquIC_1_11.jpg

My plant most looks like the one on the right hand corner. So like I said, it's been vegging under a 100watt CFL.

Do you think I can get away with the veg cycle only using a 100watt?

CFLs are awesome or starting seedlings and Veging. I use 1 43w CFL till they are 2'' tall and then add more, preferably 2 per plant. Then i throw a low wattage HPS intot he mix when thay are 6" and run all of them while i slowly transfer into the flowering stage. I only use 24/0 for the first week or so. They do need to "sleep".
Are you going strictly CFL/floro for this grow?

you should really have a light on top and a couple around the sides if you can. my first grow was cfl, and i had more than one, and the thing stretched pretty good even then. if you keep havig to move the light up, the lower growth doesn't develop as well, so when you go to flower, those areas almost have to catch up. if you are able to put at least another light on each side of the plant, and then maybe rotate the plant everyday, you will be very happy.

BTW, i am using CFL again, only this time they are all at the same height, and i'm trying a scrog grow. the CFLs are supposed to stay really close to the plants, so i thought this might be worth trying. i have 20 lights now and room for more if i split all of them

you should really have a light on top and a couple around the sides if you can. my first grow was cfl, and i had more than one, and the thing stretched pretty good even then. if you keep havig to move the light up, the lower growth doesn't develop as well, so when you go to flower, those areas almost have to catch up. if you are able to put at least another light on each side of the plant, and then maybe rotate the plant everyday, you will be very happy.

BTW, i am using CFL again, only this time they are all at the same height, and i'm trying a scrog grow. the CFLs are supposed to stay really close to the plants, so i thought this might be worth trying. i have 20 lights now and room for more if i split all of them

LoL, you stoner. I posted this over 6 months ago. :) I upgraded the lights during my grow to high pressure sodium and I kept on getting more plants and it ended up being a great grow. I have a completed grow journal about it somewhere in the forums.

I want to try a scrog grow here soon. I just got a hold of 12 dank seeds.
:thanks: for the advice, however. PEACE

damn, i am a stoner. i realized the thread was old after i had posted, but it was already done. at least it all worked out for you. let me know how the scrog goes

:nomo::roorrip::grinjoint:Any answers old or new are awesome....im new to the forum. Been growing for a few yrs but always looking thru old forums like this one looking for more info. So I thank u as well

Back
Top Bottom