Ventilation and Co2 question

Purple Goose

Okay i do understand how co2 increase yield and all but is it all that important in smaller grows for instance 10 plants in a room 9 x 7 x 6 with a 250cfm intake fan the co2 should always remain at the 300ppm ambient well for me as my intake is drawing its air from right near the furnace and water heater area of my basement I have used one of those syringe test things and my co2 content in my grow room is actually around 550ppm so with a co2 content like this for 10 plants if you were me with a very limited budget I can afford the co2 system and replacing the tanks and all but as I am only producing bud for myself is it really even neccessary?

Well, just do your math mate :)

How much do you expect to yield from these 10 plants? If you add Co2 you can expect an increase of around 15 - 20% (A lot of factors are in play here, not just the Co2, keep that in mind)

How much will it cost you to install and maintain a Co2 system for this grow? Keep in mind that you also have to think about stronger ventilation too, so the cost is not just in the Co2 system itself.

Is this cost justifiable with the expected increase in yield?

In other words if the cost is 200$ and the increase in yield is say 100 grams...well, in this example its a nobrainer for me since 100 grams run at 1250$ street-value where I am :)

Hope this helps.

If you have good ventilation and changing the air 2-3x/minute, there is just no need for CO2 enrichment.

A decent system will run you $1000 and probably more. Plus, the room REALLY has to be dialed in and sealed.

For just 10 plants for personal use? Invest in another fan if you need it to get the air exchange.

DD

Thats about what I figured as well My flower room is only 7 x 9 x 6H so thats only 360cf my intake is 250cfm and exhaust is 450 cfm so I figure that with the draw from the exhaust the intake is refreshing the air 1 time per minute and exhaust is being removed around 1.5 times per minute so my room is always under a small degree of negative pressure but as i mentioned before I got some of those co2 test kits and during a 12 hour cycle took 4 readings and each time the co2 levels were always above 500ppm which is higher then normal. I think I have the room climate working pretty good now as my current crop which I put to 12/12 at the begining of october started with plants all around 12 inches tall and now are around 36-41 inches tall considering time for transition I woudl say the stretch has been in effect for about 20 days so growing around 1.5 inches per day which I hope stops soon as I only have enough room for 52" plants max.

Co2 is also useful in high temperature growing. With supplemental Co2, plants can thrive under high temps.

Back
Top Bottom