Ventilation help

exile19

Whats the best way to vent a closet, I am going to use some M.H. bulds pretty soon and want to know what is the best way to vent a closet using these bulds.

heat, smell, air flow? door type may cause issue.
heat, cool tube. cut hole at top of door to vent.
smell, (heat issue?) if no then carbon filter sucked by fan sent to bottom of area.
with heat as an issue filter > light > fan out door at the top.
is it just needs air then make a hole? :p

Not knowing your closet layout but having used a closet that was 2.5'x5'x7' (depth, width, height) that was on the second floor of our house and since heat rises it can become more of an issue to deal with. Anyway, with the measurements I listed I know I wanted to cycle my airflow through once a minute I went with a high velocity 4" 130 CFM duct fan. As the closet as mentioned was on the second floor and the closet walls on one side were the outside wall and the window dormer area on the other side or an open space 5'x6'. Since the rear or back wall of the closet was in the roof system being a 1 1/2 story home with shed dormer windows that are 5' wide I had some easy play room inside and didn't want to climb and work on a ladder at 20' outside. For intake as the door bottom pretty much originally rub the carpet when new which is what you want when a door is cut properly - I re-cut the door bottom leaving a 1/2" high by 30" wide. Exit fan mounted at 6 height since heat rises in a closet too with intake draft opening at door bottom.

Keep It Simple S......

Back
Top Bottom