Ventilation question

Yep, that's what I am running. I have a 6 inch cool tube and a carbon filter on the same fan. It actually had to get speed controller because it was sucking too much air. It had the temps too low so i had to slow it down. Click on the grow journal in my signature and you will see how I have mine set up. I am sucking the air through the filter and blowing the air through the cool tube and out the side.

Just make sure your fan suck through the carbon filter and blows through the cool tube. Here is why. If you put the fan on the wall of your box and suck the air first through your carbon filter and then suck it through your cool tube and then the fan pushes the air out through the vent hole ....... you will end up sucking in air from around your light and any leaks in your tubing. So basically, you would be bypassing your carbon filter. It makes no sense to draw in filtered air through your carbon filter ..... only to add unfiltered air to your exhaust .... which would cause smell. But, if you push air through your light, any leaks will only allow your filtered air to leak back into the box. Which, wouldn't cause any smell. Hope that makes sense.

NEWCS is completely correct. You want to make sure the CFM of your fan is not higher than the CFM of your filter.

Back
Top Bottom