Ventilation Question

rehabilitatora420

Hello guys got a question about the double fan setup for a tent when i still cant fully understand how this exactly work.when my extract fan takes lets say 350 CFM and the intake give 250CFM then what i need to do run both that fans to run constantly without stop or i can make them to work from controller to only extract air on a time i set up both models ac infinity or mars hydro ive think to order have such controllers

Hey, what’s up Rehab??

I don’t have controllers but I run one fan 24/7 and then another fan or 2 comes on (separate timer from grow lights) anyways it comes on 15 minutes before & after the light timer…

part depends on plant count and what stage of growth they are in. Seedlings have tiny footprint, small amount of soil etc. compared to large bucket of damp soil plus a leafy plant well obviously that generates a lot of humidity. Then there’s other factors like growing in damp basement or living in damp climate or dry climate.

some peeps run carbon filtration to squash the odor, so yeah there’s loads more technical setups than my nickel & dime outfit. Every garden is different so more will chime in with their input

it’s cheaper to move air than water… as in fans versus dehumidifier. you will need a hygrometer to monitor your temp & rh. You want high rh for seedlings, rooting clones & veg cycle but you want lower rh for flower to reduce risk of mold, bud rot etc

in veg you can leave tent unzipped to help with air flow but in flower it’s gotta be black as coal kinda dark, no indicator or glow lights on power strips, dehums, fans whatevs

welcome to the crew!

Back
Top Bottom