Venting my hood

Smokeyjoe

I just got my 3x3 hydrohut and my inline fan for venting it.
I bought ducting and was sold a flange kit along with it.
My question is, why?
My light and fan have no holes for attaching flanges and it seems using the hose clamps works just fine and appears to be the only way to do it?
Maybe someone with a bit more experience setting up venting can tell me what I am missing?

You would use it where the exhaust/intake hose connects to the tent... you gotta attach the end of the exhaust hose/beginning of the intake hose to something...

I still don't see it, tech the ducting just runs through the vent hole.
The intake is hose clamped to the hood and runs out the vent hole to the window, the exhaust is hose clamped to the other side, then the inline fan, then out to the window "In theory". I am having a hard time seeing the flanges in the equation.

Your vent holes have sleeves so you can slip the hose through and still keep it light tight. Not all tents have sleeves like yours so you would have to use the flange instead......

Aha so they sold them to me going off the old model that got recalled and I don't need them because of the sleeves. Nice I will go trade them for another timer tomorrow!
Thanks for the patience Be IRIE! I seem to be coming down with the flu or something it hurts to think atm.

I just had to go take a look at your tent to see what you were talking about. When you said you just slid your hose through, it kind of threw me for a loop. I like the sleeves... My old tent did not have sleeves and I had to attach flanges to everything. It was a pain in the ass....

God I can only imagine..
Ya the sleeves are a vast improvement over the old design.
The tent set up in about 15 minutes doing it alone and after a couple more hose clamps I think I will be ready for a test run to test temperatures.
Grabbed some 3.85 Gallon square pots a few bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forest, starter cups, Hi/Low Thermometer, timers, still need some nutes but I think this is a solid start.
Now the waiting game for my beans....

Any suggestions on Nutes BeIrie?
I have seen a couple of your grows and you seem to have some beautiful girls in your room, I am always up for a tip!

Back
Top Bottom