Vermiculite insulation in room of grow - Help!

Jeffkline1000

Im growing in a room that has vermiculite insulation and the house is old so im assuming it contains asbbestos. Im building a plywood box inside the room and running venilation in and out of the box. I could run my venilation outside. I want to know if the asbestos is in the air could it affect my bud? Would it be safe to smoke? Im not tampering with the insulation because if you do it releases it into the air.

**Assuming** no one is stirring the insulation up, it has had several years to settle. That said I would clean everything in sight, including vacuuming the drapes etc. Keep out of the insulation, cover any air vents with gauze, cheese cloth, a/c filter, etc, and keep as clean a grow room as possible. If that means fresh clothing each time you go in then that's what you do. I have friends that I do not let near my grow, not even the same floor of the bldg, because theirs is nasty and I don't not want contaminated. Good luck with your grow. I hope you'll consider making a journal, it's a great way to get help, and learn new tricks to help you succeed.

Back
Top Bottom