Very first time growing! definitely need help

Okay you guys have been great so far and all things considered my two plants are doing quite well now! But I just purchased a 600W HPS light online and completely retardedly only thought after that I probably don't have anything that could handle 600W which I don't... So what do I have to also buy that can actually take a 600W Bulb? I've searched all over the internet but am obviously looking in completely wrong places :/... Cheers for the help and hopefully continued help guys

There are ballasts that can run a 600 watt hps on 110 instead of 220. Look up 600 watt ballasts that run off 110. I think lumatek,nanolux,and many others are available

Thanks man I had actually seen this but had never heard of it before so assumed I was looking for something else! Cheers for the info man you mean off 110Volts ? Is this better than say 240? And why?

It's not necessarily better. I personally have 2 dedicated 220 lines running into my bloom room. I'm using (10) 600 watt hortilux hps bulbs on one contoller and 4 on another

If you cant get 220 wired by an electrician then look for a ballast that can run off of your standard 110 outlet.

If you can get a dedicated 220 feed to your bloom area then look into lumateks dual 600 watt ballast it runs two 600 watt hps bulbs per ballast. That's all I've used since 08 and my current ballasts 5 I've had since 2010 running 12 hrs a day 365 days a year.

Pretty sure most (if not all) of the EU is 220V not 110V like here in north america, but I could be wrong since I'm trying to remember a college class from 15 years ago so my memory could be a little foggy lol.

:trance:...really?:yahoo:Guess my memory isn't so bad afterall and here I thought I was going to have to cut back on the green... turns out I'm not smoking enough it seems!

Back
Top Bottom