Very first time growing! definitely need help

dutchstudent

I am completely new to this and am being forced to grow my own as being a student I need to be cheap as chips so decided to grow my own weed..

I'm Irish but living in Holland so was easy to get seeds and hopefully the right ones!

I was told to get some ak49 auto grow seeds so I got three.. I only want to grow enough for my own smoking supply so with 3 seeds and grow time of 2 months the seed say so I'm looking for only about 30 grams but I want that from each plant and I can just give the other 60 to mates.. woman in the shop said this would be the minimum I should expect..

I'm only looking to grow small indoors and should add got the seeds today.. put them in glass of room temp water in a cupboard aabove fridge till seeds break then put them in wet towel.. after that I have no idea and am looking for guidance in what is my first grow.. so that's me guys hope you can help!

, im growing autos also due to it being the winter , and im from ireland also the north :welcome:

make sure your soil is very loose , i used more perlite that soil
dont have the lights too bright to start with im using 250w hps but as they grow ill be adding more 250s 3 in total
dont feed very much start feeding after about 4 weeks , use half strength grow for a week then water then feed bloom feed 1/2 strength
keep temps about 24 to 30 lights on and drop about 10 lights off
start a journal its good to look back , you can see my link below this post ( paddy goes auto for winter ) ill only be about a week ahead of you so can keep each other up to date :high-five:

paddy

, im growing autos also due to it being the winter , and im from ireland also the north :welcome:

make sure your soil is very loose , i used more perlite that soil
dont have the lights too bright to start with im using 250w hps but as they grow ill be adding more 250s 3 in total
dont feed very much start feeding after about 4 weeks , use half strength grow for a week then water then feed bloom feed 1/2 strength
keep temps about 24 to 30 lights on and drop about 10 lights off
start a journal its good to look back , you can see my link below this post ( paddy goes auto for winter ) ill only be about a week ahead of you so can keep each other up to date :high-five:

paddy

Cheers for the reply paddy.. good too see a fellow Irish ish man ;)..

I should have stated when I meant new to this I meant completely retarded like never grown shit in my life ha.. I honestly once the seeds germinate have no clue.. like can I just get soil from outside ? Can I grow it in a really small pot? Do I water it often? Do I need to buy a special light or can I use a desk lamp no idea how to even know when it's ready.. like all I know is how to smoke this apart from that I know nothing! I'm eager to learn though and I'll search for your thread now as link won't work hopefully there's more detail there! Thanks for the response anyway man

Main thing I want to know after reading everything though is this all seems to be for growing really high amounts of weed so I guess my main question is if I plant my seeds in a couple of days (roots have just started to pop out) in just a regular smal pot say the size of a large coffee jar ( say 25 cm deep and radius of about the same and water it every 4 days or when it's dry like and shine a regular desk light on the plants for 16 hours a day then bring it back to 12 hours after 3 weeks say.. Will I get bud? And will I get a okay amount?

its a bit more work than that , light make buds nice and big , bigger roots bigger fruits , you might get enough for a joint or 2 to be honest , autos dont need 12 /12 if your going auto just keep the light 20/4 light/dark , might have problems with root bound in small pots then your yield will die off

Thanks for tip on light paddy!.. well I can always transfer the plants right? I can 're plant them when they have grown a little bit into bigger pots right??

You don't want to transplant autos. The shock will stunt them and your yield will suffer. And don't get your heart set on 60 days seed to harvest. Breeders come up with that time based on perfect grow environment and 1000 watts of light, so expect it to go 70 to 90 days.

You don't want to transplant autos. The shock will stunt them and your yield will suffer. And don't get your heart set on 60 days seed to harvest. Breeders come up with that time based on perfect grow environment and 1000 watts of light, so expect it to go 70 to 90 days.

So what should I do I've planted two out of three seeds in just small pots for the moment.. should I now just leave them or replant them asap?? Oh yeah I'm not naive I realize that I have no wear near perfect growth conditions.. I just didn't want to commit lots of time and money into something I wasn't 100% on and I don't want too much bud as I'll have no use for it..

Okay thanks man I'll go buy a couple today... So one last thing is natural sun light enough if I leave them by a radiator and window? Bare in mind I'm in northern Holland so it's cold and sunlight is only about 8:30 - 4 and then a desk lamp for the rest of the time or am I going to NEED to buy proper lamps?

Natural sunlight is great, but the rest of the time you'll need a proper grow light of some sort to get anywhere near 30 grams a plant. 150 true watts per plant is the standard. CFL bulbs can work, but you'll need lots of them. You can get a 250 watt hps for pretty cheap, and the old model topled 100x3 can be had for a hundred bucks.

Thanks for the honest analysis man much appreciated! I'll go to the local grow shop and see what they got!.. the packet said that plant would only grow to about 2-3 feet yeah? I'm not going to have or need anything bigger right?

That's about right for them. They don't get massive like a photo plant, but they'll get a good size with the right light. Mine is about a foot and a half tall, but that's cause it's only getting 11 hours of light due to cold weather and photo plants flowering in same space. Mines a 60 day strain and it's on day 75 now. Should be done by day 90.

That's about right for them. They don't get massive like a photo plant, but they'll get a good size with the right light. Mine is about a foot and a half tall, but that's cause it's only getting 11 hours of light due to cold weather and photo plants flowering in same space. Mines a 60 day strain and it's on day 75 now. Should be done by day 90.

Welcome dutchstudent. You're in the right place to find help with your first grow. I took the plunge late last year with my first grow also. Bubble Kush Auto from RQS. I sprouted two seeds. The tallest is a little over 38" around 43 days now, so do some research on what your breeder says about your strain. As you can tell from Peyton's post and mine, there are so many variables & possibilities you could wind up with anything. The real joy is just watching it grow and figuring out what it wants. I'm a few weeks away from harvest, so take a gander at my journal if you'd like, and see where your heading. Questions? Ask away, I'll help where I can as will many others. Until then, I'll leave you with these ref charts. Hopefully you'll not need the top one. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom