Very new grower girl that needs some serious help

Aqua4ever

Okay so I just invested into an Elite 400w HPS+MH cool tube grow light kit from Access Hydroponic. I also got a plant dark room grow tent, 4'' vent 16.5' aluminum foil insulated flexible duct black, inline duct booster fan blower 6 inch 150 CFM, and a GrowFarm Mega Garden hydroponic system. This all costed me around $600. I have gotten the tent set up fine and have the light setup hanging inside without the bulb in. I am so confused however, I don't know which hole to put the fan into and how, or the aluminum coil foil thing either. I think I have the hydroponic system set up okay.. other than a few clear tubing things the instructions never even mentioned... I have never grown plants before and could really use any tips I can or anything like that. I want to make sure everything is perfect and ready before I plant the seeds but I am not sure what that would be exactly. Been looking for videos and things but they are not the same setup as mine and I don't know who to ask to help me. I'm scared because I don't know anything about growing and I don't know how long to have the lights on or anything like that either... ehhhhhh. Help!

there is SO much info on this site... you are in the right place to get answers-- but I will tell you this... hydro, is more/can be like the deep end of the pool-- unforgiving.

Where to put the fan? depends on what its doin-- generally for extraction, mount as high as the ceiling... outside the tent if possible & have only the ducting thru the hole in the tent connected to your cool tube. if its an intake fan, keep low to the floor-- if you have a passive intake don't worry bout it...
keep your light 8"-12" from the canopy-- basically a comfortable distance you can keep the back of your hand from the lamp w/o too much discomfort.
Lights on 14+hrs a day = vegetative state(grow em to the size you want... they'll double in size when you go into flowering).
lights @ 12on/12off will induce flowering.

ps-- get some soil & pots... in case you didn't have a plan 'B'.:bong:
Aloha!

Back
Top Bottom