VERY strange yellow stripes with wrinkling on new growth UNIQUE problem?

Fascistbotany

WTF_gro_1.jpg

WTF_gro_6.jpg

WTF_gro_5.jpg

WTF_gro_4.jpg

WTF_gro_7.jpg

Look at this -- what is it? I had to post these pics because I never seen anything like it. Almost exactly 2 months grow under CFL. Not sure what strain this is... Sativa? It is bagseed. Purple stems.

The banding is a very light yellow against the darker green vein areas only on new growth-- hard to see in pics. Looks like a trace mineral deficiency? Maybe Zinc? Older leaves are fine--look at first pic while still under the gro lights. Clearly the old leaf is fine and the newer one above is wrinkled and has the bands. New leaves are stunted.

You can see the veins are darker in the 2nd pic (WTF gro 4) in the new and maybe even the old leaves too!?! I'm FLUMMOXED!

What do you think. He said the Ph was around 6.5-6.7 but the Ph test kit he has is somewhat inaccurate / high error.

I thought a flush of salts in order? He been using schultz fertilizer 3/4 strength every watering for over a month. Waters every 2-3 days. I don't know.

Just wanted to add that I searched books, online, forums, etc. for days! Cannot find anything on this. Other people have posted about "striped leaves" but have no wrinkling on either side of the stripes or else the whole leave is deformed and yellow etc. Never both together as in these leaves. Is this a unique problem? (maybe I can patent it! LOL) HELP if you can! My friend does not think it is funny -- it is his first grow.

Seriously, he's got a look on his face like Whitey (Mickey Rooney) in that old movie "Boys Town" Carrying PeeWee after he was hit by a car. Now you have an excuse to watch that movie so you know WTF im talking about...

Maybe a better, more universal analogy is that he has a look on his face like Jack the Ripper just axe-murdered tiny Tim in a macabre reality/fiction warp of space time with crime history and the "A Christmas Carol" story. Even pre-ghost Scrooge would be shocked and apalled at tiny Tim being axe-murdered by Jack the Ripper, right? Maybe I need to lay off the Sativas a while...? Wow, did I just say all that out loud?

Anyway, help if you can. THANKS!

WTF_gro_1.jpg

WTF_gro_6.jpg

WTF_gro_5.jpg

WTF_gro_4.jpg

WTF_gro_7.jpg

Look at this -- what is it? I had to post these pics because I never seen anything like it. Almost exactly 2 months grow under CFL. Not sure what strain this is... Sativa? It is bagseed. Purple stems.

The banding is a very light yellow against the darker green vein areas only on new growth-- hard to see in pics. Looks like a trace mineral deficiency? Maybe Zinc? Older leaves are fine--look at first pic while still under the gro lights. Clearly the old leaf is fine and the newer one above is wrinkled and has the bands. New leaves are stunted.

You can see the veins are darker in the 2nd pic (WTF gro 4) in the new and maybe even the old leaves too!?! I'm FLUMMOXED!

What do you think. He said the Ph was around 6.5-6.7 but the Ph test kit he has is somewhat inaccurate / high error.

I thought a flush of salts in order? He been using schultz fertilizer 3/4 strength every watering for over a month. Waters every 2-3 days. I don't know.

Just wanted to add that I searched books, online, forums, etc. for days! Cannot find anything on this. Other people have posted about "striped leaves" but have no wrinkling on either side of the stripes or else the whole leave is deformed and yellow etc. Never both together as in these leaves. Is this a unique problem? (maybe I can patent it! LOL) HELP if you can! My friend does not think it is funny -- it is his first grow.

Seriously, he's got a look on his face like Whitey (Mickey Rooney) in that old movie "Boys Town" Carrying PeeWee after he was hit by a car. Now you have an excuse to watch that movie so you know WTF im talking about...

Maybe a better, more universal analogy is that he has a look on his face like Jack the Ripper just axe-murdered tiny Tim in a macabre reality/fiction warp of space time with crime history and the "A Christmas Carol" story. Even pre-ghost Scrooge would be shocked and apalled at tiny Tim being axe-murdered by Jack the Ripper, right? Maybe I need to lay off the Sativas a while...? Wow, did I just say all that out loud?

Anyway, help if you can. THANKS!

Cut down on the fetilizer a little bit and yes give it a flush of the salts. Your pH is high also, correct it down to 6.0-6.5. Let me know how that works dude!

zhummingsig.jpg

Kron is right, you can also check under Grow- How to grow marijuana-and check out deficiencies. This has a lot of info on ppm and ph levels as well as tips to correcting them without possibly flushing. And make sure he cuts back on the nute schedule, there are suggestions on that as well under the same How to grow forum. Check it out. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the replies, Kronnoiseur and Voltron!! We are going to flush the salts next watering! We have a digital PH meter coming also... we will check his PH and get that right too.

over fert or under fert. soil temp or virus. has the same effect on some strains. mostly sativa dominants is what i have seen that happen to it happened to me in one of my labs the only diference was this lab was on a dif wall then the other 2 identacal labs.
the first thing i did was a flush as the signs had pointed that direction for me. all the labs had clones from the same mother. then i thought i may of had i virus then before i decided to destroy i checked the water temps in the resivoir. wouldnt ya know . nute loc from tooooo great a temp difernce. so i moved them over and checked the temps and wala a week later they were fine.hmm so i did some mods to the room to insulate so i would not have a temp dif as great as i did . never had the problem again. did some reserch on other sites and some had problem with same conditions as your pics. all had dif remidies to corect one thing that was for sure all were sativa dominant strains. so yes that is a rare condition. in one of my other labs i got some new clones[from another grower] that were right next to that lab and they developed a mold.. so i was kinda pissed about that and thought oh shit that other growers garden has some nasty shit in it. he has had many problems so i dont get clones from him in trade at all but i never blame him and he dosent take advice well too old a fart i guess but listens to hydro store advice all the time. from dif sorces. he buys my stuff from time to time cause he cant find the dank ass bomb shit like i grow but he is a stuburn f 'er. lmao... and still trys to grow. he will either give up or learn the long and hard way the last time i seen him was 6 months ago and one of the stores i go to seen him a few weeks ago and he is still having problems... he way over trimmed his last crop during flowering and stunted the crap out of them almost killing them. i seen the pics the store employee had from his current debackle lol he buys alot of stuff from them so they keep him happy i guess. i even offered free clones from me and he didnt want them and instead went and bought again from a dispensory. i was helping him learn to clone and saved his whole crop over a year ago and then he runs into probs harvests early. then buys clones from somewhere else. what a dummy.

oh by the way thanks for sharing the pics i didnt take pics when i had a similar issue looked exactly the same. ha ha so i m going to copy your pic for my library ... thanks.

Your plants are in late stages of phosphorus deficiency. Maybe due to a lock out which is lacking iron which will lock out zinc and phosphorus. You will need to add Bloom or fruit eating bat guano for fast acting results. Also find something high in Zinc. A good NPK nute would do fine. Make sure your water and soil is PH'd around 6.0-6.5. A week or 2 until you see results. Look at the new growth for results.

Back
Top Bottom