Viparspectra XS1500 PRO Review From Aus Grower

DV8

Viparspectra reached out and gave me an opportunity to use this light, in exchange, part of my obligation was to put together a review.

Before my specific thoughts on its performance, allow me to outline what Id like in a light, so a comparison can be drawn.

Ideally an LED grow light should at minimum be large enough to take at least 1 plant from start to finish. The maximum output should have at least enough intensity to cover flowering, and preferably incrementally adjustable.

It should be robust, and fit for purpose, and ideally no moving parts.

Its anchoring and height adjustment points should be secure and even.

Leads should be long enough from driver to power input point that its easily achieved.

Lower cost operation achieved through maximum outputs at lowest Watt draw, and procurement cost should represent value to the buyer.

Information about product should be easily accessed, and if possible active support for product.

Product should work as intended and be reliable.

Basically any light not at least having some consideration of those principles is sacrificing features for price, and in gen 3 and gen 4 phase of light development and design most users would expect a product to provide these features.

Let me now divide these up and give a reflective summary and score to the ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO.

Ideally an LED grow light should at minimum be large enough to take at least 1 plant from start to finish. The maximum output should have at least enough intensity to cover flowering, and preferably incrementally adjustable.
Can the XS 1500 PRO be used from start to finish?

Yes. Intensity of light is adequate. The dial is adjustable. Score is 8.5/10

What could be better: Dial fully adjustable instead of notches.

It should be robust, and fit for purpose, and ideally no moving parts.
XS1500 PRO ticks the boxes. Not only that it looks sexy. 9/10.
Its anchoring and height adjustment points should be secure and even.
Best on market imo, at least in relation to ever other light Ive looked at buying or have owned. 10/10. ViparSpectra got this sooo right.
Leads should be long enough from driver to power input point that its easily achieved.
These are generous and well made. 10/10.
Lower cost operation achieved through maximum outputs at lowest Watt draw, and procurement cost should represent value to the buyer.
Its a smaller light, so I make my evaluation based on this. Its excellent value for size, for the beginner and the experienced alike. Its the only 150W Ive used.

Its better than all my 100Ws, and outperforms my 2 x 200W. Small but powerful and versatile.

10/10.

If all the ViparSpectra range were made in this manner Id have no problem swapping out all my lights for their market options.
Information about product should be easily accessed, and if possible active support for product.
ViparSpectra have been excellent in this regard, with supplied information, reception to feedback, and ongoing support. 10/10.
Product should work as intended and be reliable.
So far so good. I expect based on my observations so far this light will continue to be high value for money and stay as an important part of my grows for a long time yet.

Im definitely getting at least 1 more for my grows and looking at the larger lights for my collaborative offsite tents. 9.5/10.

So after a wildly glowing review what more can be said?

I dont think giving me a free light means I will overlook any shortcomings. In fact I dreaded receiving a sub par product and being disappointed with results. Fortunately they gave me a class leading product.

But there are things I dont like. They just seem so minor in comparison.

I want a completely adjustable dimmer.

Id have preferred a discreet delivery that didnt announce what was inside the package.

An Aus compliant plug instead of the standard plug would be better, but they gave me a new release, not an AU retail product, so its no issue for a retail customer.

Its much heavier in comparison to size than any LED light Ive ever hung.

But Im searching for drawbacks in that list. Overwhelmingly its been not just a good, or great light, but a downright well thought out quality light that represents fantastic value.

And thats the light I wanted. To be able to say, it works great, and you wont be disappointed in it if you buy it, and @ViparSpectra delivered above my expections.

Anyone interested can find the grow in my signature. It has all the tech specs, thoughts and grow progress within it, or here is the link.
Sweet Treats Viparspectra XS1500Pro Sponsored Journal

For interested Aus buyers here is the link as supplied by ViparSpectra

And contact via 420 magazine via @ViparSpectra

@DV8 Thank you very much for the objective and realistic review of the XS1500 PRO. This is obtained through actual use and is more convincing.

As you mentioned, XS1500 PRO aims to provide customers with a high-performance, low-energy consumption, and cost-effective full-spectrum LED grow light. Glad it meets your expectations!

The improvement suggestions for XS1500 PRO, such as dimmer, weight, etc., we will actively improve it. Thank you so much!
Friends who have the same demand for plant lights don't miss it! :thumb:

Day 67 Runtz Muffin
Day 8 since pistils
20230418_172005.jpg

Day 66 ( yesterday) budsites
20230417_063451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom