Voltage issue any help?!

FromVtoH

hey all i just recieved a 600 watt hps light fixture from friend but i think know why he gave it to me it runs from 340v - 347v is there anyway i could even attempt to make this work i know home outlets run 120v anything i can do???

Do ya have any elctrical repair experience? If not take it to the local grow shop for rewiring. Most lights these days have wiring inside that may be changed to operate on most outlets man has created. usually there are wires inside that have tags that give the voltage that the indivual wire runs the light on, e.g. there should be a wire with a tag saying 340etc. V connected to another wire, if there is a wire tagged 120v swap it with the 340v and plug it in to the wall socket. If ya don't feel comfortable doing this any elctrician should be able to rewire it:>)

hey all i just recieved a 600 watt hps light fixture from friend but i think know why he gave it to me it runs from 340v - 347v is there anyway i could even attempt to make this work i know home outlets run 120v anything i can do???

you must mean 240v, not 340....

Yeah 240 would make more sense. If you don;t have a 240 volt service to your grow area and are not comfortable replacing circuit breakers, then go back to your shop and tell em (in USA) that you need a ballast for 120v.

I am also gonna assume that you wanted to say 240, (or commonly reffered to as 220, of 230).

Some ballasts can be rewired, and some of them are plug dependent for supply voltage, then some of the newer solid state ones are not adjustable, sometimes when you ask questions like this, if you included the brand, or any other information on the product, we can become much more informative!!

Back
Top Bottom