Want to make grow room airtight or at least mostly airtight

covertnegrow

Hey fellow growers,

I know that it is near impossible to have a completely airtight grow room. But i Live in an area where the pollen from the ditch weed is everywhere...i mean everywhere. Can anybody offer suggestions as to how to make my grow room sealed enough to keep this pollen from traveling indoors...i am planning on putting many layers between the outside and my grow area. It is a 4' by 9' area. I am planning on using a ductless ac system with a very good filter system on it and a ventilation fan with a carbon filter on it for the smell. the room will have no problems getting fresh air from the ductless ac system. i really want to keep the hemp and ditch weed from cross pollinating with my beuties.

The ductless ac will cool your room but won't bring in any fresh air. You should use CO2 or duct in fresh, filtered air. You can rent a tank for about 15 bux a month plus about 30 per fill for a 20 pound tank. You will still need a regulator & have it on a timer. I would seal any and all cracks with expanding insulation foam. Great Stuff has a bunch of different formulas and can be found at Casa De Pot.

Use panda film to line all the walls, overlap the edges and duct tape the seams it's not as messy as expanding foam. Use a split A/C and have a single exhaust port that the A/C vents it heat through and duct tape it around A/C exhaust duct. Have some type of Co2 supplement though like voucher said. I use the tank system on a controller personally but you could use a Co2 generator but it produces heat and humidity as by products. Thats why I stuck with the tank system because I didnt feel like reclocationg a Co2 generator outside of my grow space and ducting in co2 and still having to deal with the heat and humidity just not in the grow room. To me it was just less headache.

Back
Top Bottom