Water Chiller and Water Purifer For System

justjr27

Hey Guys Just trying to get all equip. need for this aero setup togethor.

What size chiller would I need for a 50 gallon resv.
And will a 90 gpd water purifer be good enought as well

And if anyone has a diagram how these devices get install will be great too thanks

The MFG will tell you which model is good for chilling X amount of gallons.

example: Hydrofarm..

1/10 HP Chiller:

150 watts
2.2 amps
Will Chill 90 Gallons by 10°
or 10 Gallons by 30°
Pump Size Needed: 250 GPH
1/2'' Fittings

1/4 HP Chiller:

280 watts
3 amps
Will Chill 180 Gallons by 10°
or 100 Gallons by 30°
Pump Size Needed: 650 GPH
3/4'' Fittings

1/2 HP Chiller:

360 watts
4.4 amps
Will Chill 300 Gallons by 10°
or 200 Gallons by 30°
Pump Size Needed: 750 GPH
1'' Fittings

90GPD RO filter is sloooooooooow... Literally a trickle. If dealing with a large res you'll need a high flow RO filter.

Look at the Merlin Garden Pro.

Tankless RO filter will have an inlet and have 2 outlets. One for waste water and the other for finished product. I used an adapter and split mine off the washing machine hookup. Works great since the why adapter has vavles built in and thats what I use to turn the filter water on and off. Also use the drain for the washer water to run the RO waste water to. Then I fill my buckets in the bath tub so incase I forget I'm filling them I dont flood the place which I have done in the past. Not good.

LOl yeah that would suck big time. Well my resv. is 50 gallons so I figured if you do 2 resv. changes a week thats 200 gallons of water.The 90 gpd system will make that in 2 days almost. Do you feel me or am I totalty not understanding

I think you misunderstood.. even though your changing your rez it doesn't add to the total. It is still 50 gallons and not 100 and so on. It looks like the 1/10 would chill your 50 gals by 15-20 deg.

Back
Top Bottom