Water?

RO is your best option. I won't use anything but RO in my DWC buckets. The coco plants all get tap that has been aerated/circulated in open air for 24 hours. I also live in a part of the country that has a very high quality public water system. About 10 miles from one of the great lakes.

The issues is that a good RO system strips out everything. Mine takes 180-200ppm tap to 0ppm. In the case of our local water that means calcium and other minerals get stripped. When using it you should watch for deficiencies.

RO is your best option. I won't use anything but RO in my DWC buckets. The coco plants all get tap that has been aerated/circulated in open air for 24 hours. I also live in a part of the country that has a very high quality public water system. About 10 miles from one of the great lakes.

The issues is that a good RO system strips out everything. Mine takes 180-200ppm tap to 0ppm. In the case of our local water that means calcium and other minerals get stripped. When using it you should watch for deficiencies.
The problem with RO is that you really need to supplement it with micro nutes. I prefer Spring water over anything but at $1/gallon... it get expensive. They shut down local fill up spot because this state is greedy.

If you use a higher quality nutrient base it is less of an issues but they do cost more. I know with AN and GH other than calcium and magnesium I have been fine with RO.

I live in an area with very good water. In CO you are not as fortunate from what I noticed when I have been out there. Listening to @Chris Scorpio discussing his water south of you that is pulled from the Colorado river the water has serious issues.

A lot of the crap he gets is from the mining too. I heard there’s high levels of lead flowing South.

Back
Top Bottom