Weed/health question for the educated users?

Jasper90

Hello all! I'm new and just had a question or two that could really help me out. First off I've smoked plenty of times before. I've had different types and experienced different highs. But recently there have been some changes in my life and due to them, I have a 50$ bag just sitting there cause I'm too nervous to use it. About 6 months ago I developed what I'm being told night have been a form of anxiety. Specifically health anxiety. I started having funny psymptoms I couldn't explain and started going to the doctor often. Nothing was ever found. When I first went it was due to a pain in my chest and a funny occasional tingle in my arm. I assumed the worst and rushed to the ER.

Here's where it gets interesting; am EKG, chest x ray and several blood tests latter I was told over and over again everything's normal and it's probably due to an old bone structural reconstructive surgery I had 6 years ago. Purely muscoskeletal. My dads a doc and mum is a nurse practitioner and they both said the same thing. I'm 22 years old, lean, and otherwise healthy. They did not and do not seem concerned and kept telling me it was in my head.

Well it's been months and I've overcome a lot of it. I still feel funny in my chest occasionally (albeit it does feel like a muscular/bone pricking sensation now I'm more aware of it) excercise regularly and eat reasonably well. I still have some unexplained medical issues I'm in the process of sorting out, but after all those tests and all this time and some serious lifestyle changes I no longer feel that it's serious or life threatening but just some simple explanation the doc hasn't quite found yet.

Anyways during all this they did find I had high blood pressure and he put me on pills. Atm he doesn't know what's causing it but he's not concerned and neither are my parents. Rather just telling me to take the pill and not worry about it as everything else seems fine.

But recently when I smoked again for the first time since all this started I was super aware of those funny chest sensations and the funny arm feeling. However I've smoked a few times now and it always goes away and I eventually feel fine. I want to overcome this and be able to toke occasionally as I have glaucoma and also enjoy the occasional light.

I don't know that much about health/marijuana. But I do know with BP medication and a history of anxiety most people will tell me it's not a good idea. However I was hoping to hear more of some facts and reasons I SHOULDN'T worry because if I can be convinced, I'm usually fine.

If I've had an EKG and x ray and several blood tests mere months ago and with my age and everything and was assured time and time again that everything was normal, then can I just mount those sensations up to post surgery aftermath and high paranoia?

If I don't take my BP medication one day, then if I toke that evening will I be fine?

Educated answers only please!!!!

Thanks for your help! :)

Paranoia ...... strikes deep, into your life it will creep...it starts when your always afraid.....

Isn't there more healthy, natural, non-synthetic ways to lower your BP? Your high blood pressure is probably due to the stress you put on yourself cuz your a hypochondriac.

take a puff, appease... feel at ease. let your mind go, that's the best thing about gettin' high!

I have medical issues myself including hbp. There has been numerous times when I've forgotten to take my bp meds and smoked. I'm prettyvsurebit actually helped instead of making it worse. I was more relaxed so I know my bp went down. hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom