Weird issue with earlier stage seedling plant: advice needed

zeusdraco

Hello!

First, i am frenchy so my English isnt perfect.

I am growing 4 bruce banner strain plant in DWC bucket. I had no problem with the first part of seed stage, nice sprouting etc. 4 on 4.

2 week after sprouting , i decided to move them into my DWC bucket. Now they been in it since a few days.

-PH is right now at 6.2 but was pretty much at 6 since the transplant.
-I used rockwhool and propagator til i saw some roots come out of the rockwhool and decided to transplant it to the DWC. *** they about 1/3 into the hydroton*** and 2/3 cover the rockwhool.
Water temp 20-21 degree Celsius ( using hydroguard )
Room Temp is pretty stable at 21-22 degree celsius
Humidity remain at 70% RO water ( it drop some and raise back up when i lurk around )
Veg Bestva Led 1500w ( about 28 inch high i went progressily slowly from 34 inch within 1 week )
I decided to give them GH micro, bloom, grow nute 450ppm with RO water
I got 2 air pump and 2 airstone so plenty bubble and air ( i didnt trust having just one of them in case it broke )

out of the 4 plant, 1 made roots already to the water , 2 look very healthly but didnt yet reach the water and one struggle badly and i cant figure out if its underwatering or overwatering or anything else, the problem just look weird to me and i couldnt find a pict anywhere close to what mine look like, so i tryed to top feed some, i tryed to lower a bit the water of my bucket and within 24/48h i didnt see any change but getting worse in both attemp of mine to help this little lady. If i react quickly enough i am sure i can save her but i know what to do.

If someone figure out what is wrong, it will be very appreciated.

Thx for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    563.6 KB · Views: 101
Looks like nutrient burn, maybe humidity is too high?

70% humidity is what is recommended at this stage but i added water last night plant phed water and made sure buddle actualy pop in my small roots directly, i saw somewhere it could be lack of oxigen from overwatering that the bubble wasnt actualy poping on the roots and had hard time to go through the clay pepples. So it lowered a bit the food at same time and well flooding her roots with oxigen ( put some hydroguard along ). Maybe it was overwatered but lacking oxigen ? so was drowning slowly? It was going worse and worse yesterday and this morning it seemed as when i went sleep , didnt got worse. I will update tonight when i am back from the job. If it wasnt the problem it should have got worse as it did everyday last 72h.

PH should be around 5.8, water level in bucket should be about 2 inches below net pot just so its spashing a little on the bottom of the net pot, i wouldn't water from top let those those roots reach down for water. Also 450 might be a little high . Once roots hit the water they should take off. :cool:

I drained some water off the bucket and remplaced it with some osmosed water about 1 inch and half under the net pot, the ppm is 325 now and PH 5.9, advanced nutrient ph down is freaking strong, a simple drop on a 3 gallon water drop it of 1.3 lol so i had to use some magical ways to get it at 5.9 . That plant doesnt look good at all, all others seem fine, still not sure what going on with her, only 1 leaf the bigger one is healthy, all others are either semi dryed and totaly lingeed on herself if that the appropriated English word to use. Root are white but didnt reach the water yet. Doesnt seem to be rot root.

Also just wondering if you have any cal /mag using ro water and led lights you usually need to mix in some cal/mag with your nutes, not a lot maybe 2 to 4 ml and go from there, also to keep your roots white and healthy some hydrogaurd or z7.

Yes i use hydroguard i think its 2 ml per gallon if i remember and i use 60% of the recommanded ml for cal/mag for the seedling stage which i diluated a little by adding more RO water last night so its prob down to 50% of the recommanded ml per gallon right now.

Back
Top Bottom