Well water or bottled for RDWC?

freesativa

Hi all, I'll be doing my first inside grow soon. It'll also be my first time not growing in soil. I ordered a 4 bucket RDWC from fastergardens.com.
I would be interested in hearing about what kind of water I should use.
I live in a rural area and use well water. I tested it yesterday and today and I got between 61-67ppm. I'm waiting for a new ph test kit to come in, but in years past it was in the 4's.
Thanks for any advice!

If the well water is good, which it seems pretty good based on your ppm, then you can use it. I'd say it's best to get a water analysis so you're finding out what is in it.

I prefer reverse osmosis water because it's essentially pure H2O meaning whatever we put in, is all that is there. This allows us to measure changes in our grow much easier.

Thanks jj, you are the man!
I had the water tested years ago, from what I remember the water is a little high in salt and iron. Like I said before, I live in a rural area. No lawns, chemicals, businesses or anything like that for a mile or so. My water table is approx 160' down. So any septic discharge should be well filtered by the time it gets to the water table. I think I'll probably just use tap water, but I'm definitely interested in hearing everyone's opinion.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom