What are common mistakes made by first time growers?

p.s. 3000w per square foot would kill them for sure the general rule is 100w per square foot, but hey there are loads of different ways to grow mine works for me very well without co2 just temp airflow and lots of water DAILY!

Thank you ghostbud. I will try the way u say. I have three plants and i can make an experiment with one of them, but i really can't afford other setup, because the place is too small... :goodjob:

The best way to handle is to grab by trunk at bottom flip upside down and wiggle container off caution the soil has to be just right as far as wetness to dry and you got bare roots in your face. not good too wet same thing but with mud. If you got to and plants too big for this I'd cut the bottom from first container and set it in new container w/ soil why F around Good Luck

Biggest mistake i see from first time growers is not having all your ducks in a row. You have to have your whole grow schedule and everything planned out before you start.

well if that works for you...., all i know is that i water and feed my plants everyday give them good venting circulation and temp and they reward me with big sweet crystally buds everytime so heavy that the branches need supported, do some research on these plants in their natural habitat and you'll see they do best on riverbanks where they have an abundance of water all the time!

When i was growing i watered every other day.

Kind of depends on temperature, humidity, and air movement in your GR - and also on the moisture-retention/drainage charastics of the soil & the canopy and root size of the plant - as to what is going to be best, don't you think?

PS ghostbud. May you tell me how much water for a pot - every day. I need to know.

Without seeing your setup and reading about the above things, he could tell you what works for him, give you some generalizations that may or may not work for you, or just guess lol.

It would be best if you were to start a grow journal; that way people have a chance to tailor their advice to your situation. Your plants will thank you.

Hey, that touches on a biggie for new growers: Assuming that what works for another person's setup will also work (or work as well) for them without taking into account the fact that there might be some rather important differences between the two.

Its simple uncomplicated and for the most part complete common sense, if you give them what they need to live just like us they will thrive and practically grow themselves, food, water, light and air, the trick is getting the balance right, enough light to grow enough air to let them breathe and stop mould and moisture build up, all life needs water and just like us they like it daily we can go 2 or 3 days without water but we dont do too well on a regime like that we do best when we have what we need on a daily basis, with nutrients you have to be careful as depending on what you feed them if overfed you can poison the plants so read the instructions and tweak with caution to get the optimal nutrient level which will usually depend on how big your plants are all the other complicated advice may well produce better results but the more complicated techniques and more indepth advice will only serve to confuse are scare off new growers and are for more experienced growers who want to find ways of increasing cropsize or reducing growtime but for new growers stick to the common sense basics and you wont go far wrong. GOURANGA! :grinjoint:

I am a noob all the way, so I just re-read this to get my bearings again. I have noticed that the recommended harvest on this thread says to wait until pistils are more than half or half amber.... I have read in other sites that the preferred Peak time of flowering is when mostly cloudy or milky trycs and just turning amber, because amber means it is gonna give you a "stupid High".
Any thoughts on this?:nicethread:

the colour of the resin on the thrycs can depend on the strain of plant not all strains turn amber, the way i judge when to harvest is to wait until most of the calyxs have swollen and most of the fused style and stigma(pistils) have turned colour. But depending on what sort of stone you are after also dictates your harvest time if you want a buzzy energetic stone harvest early when most of the pistils are still white and the calyxs are just swelling as the resin has more of the thc precursor acids that give you a heady buzz for a more intense body effect harvest the way i first suggested as there is more thc and more cbd acid(i think its cbd need to swot up on that again)which give you a fuller more intense stone.;)

Back
Top Bottom