What ballast to choose?

Kragl

Hi, a few weeks ago I bought secret jardin dr80 with a 125w cfl for vegetation (the bulb puts out aprox. 12500 lumens). In a month or so I plan on buying the rest of the equiptmant for flowering. The problem is my budget, I plan on spending 150-200 € (cca. 200-260 $) for the rest of the nutrients, hps bulb and a ballast (maybe a small carbon filter if there is any leftover).

My question is, what is the difference in power consumption and lumen output between a 400w magnetic and a 400w electronc ballast, and considering that the magnetic ballast probably emits a bit less light than the electronic one and uses a bit more electricity, how would a 600w magnetic ballast stand to a 400w electronic one, I mean does it pay off spending extra 50 € or should I just stick to the standard 600w ballast until there will be a significant difference between the two?

I thank you for your time and your kindiness. :thanks:

the new digital ballast that run on either 110v or 220v (usa ) run more efficently on 220v ( use less electricity ). My newest one is a Quietline I bought from wattage house it came with bulb, reflector , fxture and ballast for around $225 delivered

I would go with the Solis Tek 1000. My friend just bought one with the Solis Tek bulb. It kicks ass and dims 1000/600/400. Regardless of what you need now you wont have to buy new ballast if you upgrade your garden later but they are not cheap. I have learned you pretty much get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom