What causes not many trichomes on buds

not many trichomes on buds will they increase, getting close to harvest maybe 3 wks have real fat buds
I'm sure you will find the answer to your request, but first it will help to provide some info such as medium, food, strain of plant, indoor/outdoor...if possible provide a picture or two.

Not enough light, not enough warmth, insects eating tiny microscopic holes in leaves, are also something that can slow down a plant and keep it from producing a lot of larger sized trichomes.

Like @garybo mentions, a photo or two will help when it comes to figuring out if there is a problem that needs fixing or if it is just a matter of waiting another week or two.

Plants need optomum conditions to produce the highest quality buds

The plants rely on you for everything

So everything you do for them that is less than optimum is going to contribute to the production of less than the highest quality buds

The more less optimum conditions the lower the quality of the bud

Not all strains push out big resin mushrooms, NL is not particularly resinous for example but still great
Low red light, no feed, keep slightly wilted, allow plant to dry in pot 10/14 40% RH got the best out of my Bubble Gum but that stuff is fking ridiculous anyway so who knows...

No doubt they "can". They can also produce low quality buds. All autos don't produce fire
The same can be said for any seed, Auto or Photoperiod. So I'm willing to just say "genetics", as its just as important to source good genetics for Autos or photos.

Not trying to start a fight, or be disrespectful, but today's autoflower genetics are fairly par with regs.
It's a personal beef of mine to see autoflowers put down as less likely then a regular to produce "fire", or as the OP asked, trichomes.
Take a look through my previous grows, or fellow member "Jon"'s grow journals, both of us grow autoflowers regularly and the results are there and well documented.

If you ever want to try autos again, I'd be more then willing to follow along as would others to help produce that "fire".

The same can be said for any seed, Auto or Photoperiod. So I'm willing to just say "genetics", as its just as important to source good genetics for Autos or photos.

Not trying to start a fight, or be disrespectful, but today's autoflower genetics are fairly par with regs.
It's a personal beef of mine to see autoflowers put down as less likely then a regular to produce "fire", or as the OP asked, trichomes.
Take a look through my previous grows, or fellow member "Jon"'s grow journals, both of us grow autoflowers regularly and the results are there and well documented.

If you ever want to try autos again, I'd be more then willing to follow along as would others to help produce that "fire".
There not on par with regs maybe fems but not even then. You can't make something greater or equal with less than. Autos are less than photos.

Also I have a few autos going atm on day 21 today. Bottom right and top center bubblegum autos from gcs. I have no problems with autos and actually love them
IMG_20211201_063239001_HDR.jpg

Have you ever put these different types of plants under a 1000 times power microscope ? as i have , i own one , auto`s are just as good as reg and fem seeds they just yield less = smaller plants so less and smaller bud sites , but the potency , flavor etc are just as good , genetics makes all the difference here , i have grown 2 auto and 2 fem of the same type at the same time and fed the same in the same grow room, the auto just finished quicker with smaller less buds but all 4 were really great herb .white widow fem vs white widow auto , blueberry reg vs blueberry fem , have done the experiment on both these strains , , number of nugs and size of nugs were the only real difference i could see , i made dry sift out of them with my pollen tumbler once the were dried .the real question is do you need a quick crop of buds or not , is your stash getting low .

Have you ever put these different types of plants under a 1000 times power microscope ? as i have , i own one , auto`s are just as good as reg and fem seeds they just yield less = smaller plants so less and smaller bud sites , but the potency , flavor etc are just as good , genetics makes all the difference here , i have grown 2 auto and 2 fem of the same type at the same time and fed the same in the same grow room, the auto just finished quicker with smaller less buds but all 4 were really great herb .white widow fem vs white widow auto , blueberry reg vs blueberry fem , have done the experiment on both these strains , , number of nugs and size of nugs were the only real difference i could see , i made dry sift out of them with my pollen tumbler once the were dried .the real question is do you need a quick crop of buds or not , is your stash getting low .
Yes I have andy autos trichome heads are smaller on average and cover less of the plant. They don't shoot sugar all over the leaves like photos. This becomes very evident when making concentrates from trim which further verifies autos aren't as potent as photos imo.

Also I have a few autos going atm on day 21 today. Bottom right and top center bubblegum autos from gcs. I have no problems with autos and actually love them
IMG_20211201_063239001_HDR.jpg
Now we're talking! I'm glad to hear that! And nice setup.
While I'm not a soil grower, I have to ask...are those in three gallons?

There not on par with regs maybe fems but not even then. You can't make something greater or equal with less than. Autos are less than photos.
For someone who loves them, you sure do love to hate on them too eh? And your 100% wrong. They are not less then photos, sometimes they are better then photos, usually when a grower understands how to grow one properly.

I love autos as I said, and can't stand them being bashed- as it's usually a sign that someone didn't understand how to grow one properly.

My past two grows, three autos in each photo (4x4 tent):

Would you like me to pull up soil grows from another member who grows massive beautiful autos? Look @Jon Grow journals. His are loaded and dripping trichomes...

There's tons of examples on here that show the opposite of what you are saying (autos being less then photos)

Now we're talking! I'm glad to hear that! And nice setup.
While I'm not a soil grower, I have to ask...are those in three gallons?

For someone who loves them, you sure do love to hate on them too eh? And your 100% wrong. They are not less then photos, sometimes they are better then photos, usually when a grower understands how to grow one properly.

I love autos as I said, and can't stand them being bashed- as it's usually a sign that someone didn't understand how to grow one properly.

My past two grows, three autos in each photo (4x4 tent):

Would you like me to pull up soil grows from another member who grows massive beautiful autos? Look @Jon Grow journals. His are loaded and dripping trichomes...

There's tons of examples on here that show the opposite of what you are saying (autos being less then photos)
Nice grow. I don't see any sugar on leaves. Where are the frosted leaves?

Yes I have andy autos trichome heads are smaller on average and cover less of the plant. They don't shoot sugar all over the leaves like photos. This becomes very evident when making concentrates from trim which further verifies autos aren't as potent as photos imo.

Nice grow. I don't see any sugar on leaves. Where are the frosted leaves?

I trust that's enough photos? If you want more, take a browse through my journal(s).

And I grow for flower, not shake or trim, those (trim) are just leftovers for edibles.

Hey Jose,

I wanted to apologize. Did some thinking, and i have to admit, you are correct in saying that photos are better. In the sense you can veg for longer, and keep a mother for clones.
Anyhow, I wish you the best brother in your grows, and look forward to seeing you grow some sticky plants

:Namaste:

Hey Jose,

I wanted to apologize. Did some thinking, and i have to admit, you are correct in saying that photos are better. In the sense you can veg for longer, and keep a mother for clones.
Anyhow, I wish you the best brother in your grows, and look forward to seeing you grow some sticky plants

:Namaste:
Nothing to apologize for just we're just havingGood healthy debate. I dropped 2 more autos last night. Going with a tent of photos and a tent of autos

Back
Top Bottom