what fan/s is best for my cab?

SourSkunkD

for the cab i have (1.5ftx2.5ftx4.5ft) what would i need that will keep my temps down and have excellent airflow? right now temps are at 80s with lights on and i want it closer to mid 70s on. i have 1 150w hps and 1 100w hps if it matters at all. would a duct fan work for this or do i need an inline fan. if so why, what is better about it?

Re: what fan(s) is best for my cab.

ive looked into buying 2 of these Amazon - LED Wholesalers GYO2402 6-Inch 240 CFM Air Duct Inline Hydroponic Booster Fan. seems to be a great deal and awesome reviews. but why are those other types of in lines so much more expensive to these ones? seems to me this is the most logical way to go.

1667284469499.png

That fan will displace the air in the cab 14 times per minute, which is a lot more than what is necessary for "fresh air" or CO2 replacement. Shooting from the hip, I would say it is too big for that cab, or at least excessive. To meet the cooling requirements and get really specific to answer the question, we would need to know what the ambient temp outside of the cab is going to be, but if it's around 70deg with that big of fan the cab shouldn't be much higher than that with that much displacement. Hope that helps a little.

well i could get a variable speed switch, i just have to get a fan with a variable motor. and i all depends on the temps outside and if my window is open or not.

Back
Top Bottom