What is a good 400w hps to buy

zierf

i do have one already but it is the avr. off the shelf 400w hps.
is there any bulbs that are a 400w hps the give off less heat then others?as my grow is in a closet and less heat build up would be nice

If ur worried about heat I suggest u either use an aircooled hood in conjunction with an inline fan (a 4" should be fine). Or use a lower wattage light. Since ur in a small area u could definitely benefit from an exhaust fan (u may need to duct the old warm out air of the closet). U can click the follow my grow link in the signature and take a look in my journal I have pics of how my exhaust system ran. Good luck and welcome to our forums.

i do have one already but it is the avr. off the shelf 400w hps.
is there any bulbs that are a 400w hps the give off less heat then others? as my grow is in a closet and less heat build up would be nice

YES!

And the good news is, the one I'm about to mention is better than any standard HPS or MH. Because it's both.

Cool touch lighting makes a 430watt son-agro light, with hood, ballast, bulb, everything, for about $160.

What is a Son-Agro? It's a hydroponic specific light, that is a mixture of spectrums 70/30 red-blue. Which means you only need one light, not two.
It also operates much, much cooler than a standard HPS or MH...MUCH cooler. In fact, the plants can be within 5" of the bulb itself with no burning, you can place you hand on top of the hood with no protection and it wont burn you. NO NEED FOR AN INLINE COOLING FAN WITH THIS LIGHT.

I would buy this light over a standard HPS any day and twice on Sunday. I found mine off E-bay.

The replacement blubs are more expensive, but I've used the bulb it came with for two grows with no problems whatsoever.

Buy a Son-Agro, you'll love it, I promise.

+ reps tronix. Just read up on it. Mixed reviews. But others say there's an enhanced blue spectrum and its cool to finsh with. My only thing is u can finish with anything as long as the photo period is 12/12. I've done whole cycles w/HPS. But it looks like its worth checking out. the bulbs/lamps I saw were about the same as HPS'

The biggest bonus is the operating temps and the fact that you don't have to have two lights, which saves money, will it keep up with two 400W lights? almost, but it will save you money in the long, run, and I've had very good results in the veg stage, and so far in the bloom stage, what can I say, other than I like it enough, I'll stick with it, I suppose, thats the best compliment, I can give a manufactured product. :)

I have a Sunbust HPS HID with the fan system. It came with an EYE Hortilux EN and man what a difference in both heat and yeild. This hood and fan system was some might call expensive but Superior Growers Supply will include a free tempered lens and grounded timer as well as the EYE Hortilux (100 dollars). For High Intensity Discharge I was suprised by the lack of heat but the fan system keeps the temp at around 75 degrees at 2 inches from canopy. IMO its a great investment.

Back
Top Bottom