What is going on with my WW?

What happened is you had to much cal and not enough mag, so in essence you were in lockout of important nute, and overloaded cal thinking that was the problem

What happened is you had to much cal and not enough mag, so in essence you were in lockout of important nute, and overloaded cal thinking that was the problem

That was my thought (thus the suggestion to try Epsom salt) until I saw mention of distilled water being used instead of tap water. And I assume no one would use Advanced Nutrients unless they were growing cannabis, and having done some reading about that company some years back, I was operating under the assumption that their products would be (in)conveniently lacking in calcium and magnesium so that they could sell an additional supplement, lol. So I quieted down and waited to learn.

420-magazine-mobile1370631692.jpg

Looking much healthier and more lush tonight. Starting to get frosty leaves too!

I don't understand what you mean regarding the CalMag. I was using it, at half strength too. So you're suggesting I had just add a Cal nutrient by itself? And not add any Mag?

As of now, after this water change, I have not added in and CalMag, to rule it out, and so far the plant is doing quite well.

I'm going to wait the full water change and see what she is like I'm her third week.

I am growing WW in Fox farm ocean soil and at 40 days I used advanced nutrients jungle juice micro, veg and bloom. I measured everything for small plants 5ml of each to 1 gallon of water. Next day lower leaves started turned yellow with brown spots. I used distilled water pH 6.3. I needed to transplant to bigger pots so I did and only used distilled water pH 6.3. It has been 1 week since I transplanted so I used distilled water ph 6.3. On 2 of the plants some smaller leaves are Browning slightly. The other 3 seem to be improving. I am afraid to use the jungle juice again. If I do I may use it on just 1 plant to see what happens before I use it on the others.

Only time will tell if what I am doing fixes my girls. I will watch this thread to see what happens with your plants.

Looking much healthier and more lush tonight. Starting to get frosty leaves too!

I'm glad to read (and see, lol) that.

I don't understand what you mean regarding the CalMag. I was using it, at half strength too. So you're suggesting I had just add a Cal nutrient by itself? And not add any Mag?

I hesitate to give advice to anyone when they seem to have caused significant improvement already.

I meant that I had originally thought that you were using tap water, and that the calcium present in (most) tap water can sometimes be enough on its own, meaning Epsom salt can be added (for the magnesium) instead of adding both calcium and magnesium in the form of a "Ca/Mg" supplement. I have since read that you're using distilled water, so that wouldn't apply. IOW... IDK, lol - but, again, things are looking better.

I'm glad to read (and see, lol) that.

I hesitate to give advice to anyone when they seem to have caused significant improvement already.

I meant that I had originally thought that you were using tap water, and that the calcium present in (most) tap water can sometimes be enough on its own, meaning Epsom salt can be added (for the magnesium) instead of adding both calcium and magnesium in the form of a "Ca/Mg" supplement. I have since read that you're using distilled water, so that wouldn't apply. IOW... IDK, lol - but, again, things are looking better.
I see (read) what you mean now my friend! .

Yeah, I agree it looks like lockout to me. I'm going to test her water again today once I get a new pen.

I have been adding 2ml of CalMag per litre to my mix as well. I thought since I was using distilled water that I would need to. Perhaps adding the CalMag is what is causing the issue?

I'm not one to give advise, way to new but my cal mag says 3-5ml per gallon

Back
Top Bottom