What is the Best Strain for Me

WhiteWidower

It's been a long time, years, since I smoked. The last few times I smoked I was overwhelmed with anxiety. I'm sure it wasn't just the bud. However, I've been reading here and other places concerning what marijuana has treated well. I really want to grow my own and I want a strain that will work with my mind and body and not against it. I have genetic problems with my neck and back. Basically the tubes that hold the nerves are narrowing and it puts pressure on them which causes some pretty severe pain. I also have some disc degeneration and my vertebrae rub against each other. I've been on pain meds on and off, mostly on, for the last 25 years. The thing about opiods is that you build up a tolerance and have to take stronger and stronger ones. I'm to the point now where I would have to have a morphine pump surgically inserted to get the next higher dose. I'm not very eager to do that.

I don't know anyone around my town to buy from. I've been going out and cold calling people I see in the streets that I think might be able to help me but no one has. I thought about hanging out around a head shop but I would probably get run off.

I'm looking for a strain(s) that will help with pain and not cause anxiety. Suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

:helpsmilie:

Well first off WW I am no physician of any kind so take it for what it is.

I take it u haven't smoked in a long time means you don't even know what you were smoking then. I will assume it was a Sativa which tends to lean more towards a headrush anxiety filled high for some. I would suggest a nice strong Indica variety I would recommend Big Buddha seeds they are a highly recommeded seed company for medicinal uses. They specialize in a variety called Cheese which they have crossed with other strong strains such as BlueBerry, Sour Diesel, & GodBud just to name a few. I would check them out.

Also I would recommend Sensi Seeds-Shiva Skunk (Skunk x Northern Lights) The Northern Lights Indica really comes thru on this plant and produces a lot of pain killing pot per plant.

Also do some light research on the difference of Indica and Sativas and even Ruderalis now. That should get you started.

Hey WW sorry to hear about your genetic problems, but it's amazing what the world of marijuana can do for you mentally and physically, first off you wanted a strain well a perfect strain to do just that would be White Widow (hehe) lol very easy to grow hell I grew it on my first time and it had to be one of the best smokes ever or if not that some AK-48 might do the trick all can be purchased from Nirvana. Hope you find what you're looking for. Live well bro!

Ghost garden why does N suck, I have been buying thier seeds for about a year and seem to get good results. Just curious because if I am missing something it would be great to know.

Just started a Northern Lights grow about a month ago. I bought 10 Nirvana seeds through Attitude. Out of 10 seeds I have 8 plants growing great so far.

I will assume it was a Sativa which tends to lean more towards a headrush anxiety filled high for some.

Ones that were prematurely harvested anyway.

Ghost garden why does N suck, I have been buying thier seeds for about a year and seem to get good results. Just curious because if I am missing something it would be great to know.

He seems to have decided to go on a little vacation so I'll take a shot at it: Because many growers do not wish to have two, three, or even four different phenotypes in one 10-pack of seeds and MANY of Nirvana's are like that. Also, from reading as much as I could at their site I got the distinct impression that it's not one breeder but instead several different ones that may or may not be the same from one time to the next and one might have a clue about breeding and plant genetics while the next might have read that a strain has two other strains for parents and so just decided to place one of each in a room together and then collect the seeds that resulted, lol.

Which is not to say that you cannot get good herb from Nirvana's strains. I've done it myself. It's just kind of a crap shoot sometimes.

TS,

Thank-you for the thoughtful explanation. After spending 3months+ to grow a specific strain; winding up with a different pheno than expected is no great joy. Even if the "new" pheno is desirable, the low expectancy of being able to duplicate that pheno is, to me, off-putting.

:thanks:
Searcher

Back
Top Bottom