What is the best way to clean a can fan filter

o2much4me

Have a can fan filter I want to clean.
Mainly I want to clean pollen / mildew that it might have collected but making the order control last longer wouldn't hurt either.

Here is what I have thought about doing:
Submerge the can fan filter a 55 gallon plastic drum or a trash can with diluted solution of bleach & water.

I am up for ideas, suggestions etc

Also any info about rebuilding the filter w/ new charcoal etc. I know it's in it's last useful period.

Thanks
o2much4me

Water kills a carbon filter. It plugs up the holes.

Thanks Muttt.
I posted this a long time ago. I guess I should change it to rebuild techniques. Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know why-

I had problems with the air outtake (carbon filter -> aluminum tube -> fan -> cool tube -> room). It became weaker and weaker and a bit smelly. What I did is: get off the white cover and washed it and I carefully vacuum cleaned the carbon filter's holes (it was full of with dust inside and outside as well). After this cleanup there are no smells, it is super clean and the fan sucks the air in like hell :D I will do this in every 3 weeks I think because the air what comes in the windows is very very dusty :(

The best way to keep a can filter clean is to use an excess of 20" x 20" x 4" FARR filters on the room intake air . You will still get a little bit of dirt on the white floss pre-filter but only a negligible amount that you will not need to deal with for years to come as long as you change out the more easily replaceable FARR filters (which you don't have to change very often either).

I mostly prefer this step to clean a Greasy Filter by following the steps. I follow this step remove the filters from the hood. Take bucket with hot water which help to remove dirt easily.Pour it in baking and dish soap. Put greasy filters in water,let them soak for a minutes,scrub the filters,rise and dry and rise the filters and repeat if it is needed.
----------------------------------
drain cleaning south jersey

Back
Top Bottom