What is the cause of these yellowing tips?

Orion64

Hello, I am new to the forum and this is my first grow. I have one White Widow plant in 90% coco, 10% perlite. Lighting with HPS metal halide for now. Temp between 20 and 23 degrees. Tap water and Nutriplex (almost identical to flora grow.) I have also given 1/4 teaspoon Epsom per gallon. Feedings now at 1.2ml per 2 liter of each nutrient (micro, gro and bloom). PH is at +-6. I have a pen.

I am getting necrosis on the the leaves. Starts with yellowing on new leaf tips and then progressing as in pictures below.

I have cut back on nutrients completely (thinking its nutrient burn). Have only flushed two times past 10 days. I am thinking its either nutrient burn, nutrient deficiency? or N deficiency?? The newest top leaves show signs of starting to yellow at tips.

Your advise will be appreciated.

Halfway Down: Plant Troubles - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

1/3rd from top: Plant Troubles - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

New leaves at top: Plant Troubles - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

untitled167.jpg

Looks like nute burn what's the EC of your feed, its not nitrogen deficiency as the leaves would go a pale yellow colour the look burnt, cut back on the nutes, also how long you been in veg for?????

Thanks for all the replies! So quickly!

I will calibrate the Pen and drop back to 5.8.

Plant is about 7 weeks old. Not sure what EC stands for??

Given that it is nutrient burn, what should I do now? Just flush with 5.8 pH water, or should I add some epsom as well? Also, for how long should I do this before adding nutrients again? I'm guessing I need to add about half of the nutrients previously added when starting nutrients again?

Okay, I will leave for now and give nutrients at half strength from this weekend. Thank you for the help.

BTW, I do not have a meter to measure EC unfortunately. Will keep post up to date

Just to give an update to this post. The one flushing did the job. My white widow is now growing out of its pot and is one heck of a healthy bush. Thank you for helping me saving my plant!

Back
Top Bottom