What is the deal with Mills Nutrients?

Gnarlednugget

Hey people i was wondering about Mills Nutrients. I have been hearing, and seeing them around lately, and all i hear is mills pays the bills.

Why?

What are some reasons to make the switch?

Does anyone have comparisons to other nutrients with the same strain, and environment?

If you are out there please show me some pics. A timeline comparison would be outstanding.

Thank you , i hope yer stoned reading this.

Ok so i found out it doesn't get any salt build up. So you can push yer plants super hard without having to flush yer medium between changes.

This stuff is pricey.

Hi Gnarlednugget.

I'm afraid I don't have any familiarity with Mills nutes, but I didn't want you to feel like you were talking to your self! :rofl:

Thanks TanR. Hahhahaha yeah it's kinda like fishing sometimes. I spoke with the reps n all. I just wanted an unbiased view on them.
No worries though I have time I hope. If no one has any experience with them, or comparisons that's ok. I will have one soon. I'm thinking I might compare a few different nutrients with the same set up, and strain over 2014.
Thanks again for the response!

Why should we use Mills instead of any of the other leading brands that are out there.

What are the key benefits?

If you can convince me on here that Mills is better than any of the other products on the market I will make the switch.

hey guys
new to this sight, and intrested in learning of others experiences also.
and glad to share my experience with mills. I am fairly new to this, and I was lucky enough to win some mills nutrients when listening to the heavy T grow show (great show,weds eve.)
I have just switched to 12 /12, with this 1st run with Mills.this stuff is very easy to use, I have had my issues in the past with nutrient lockup, (not blaming it on what I was using) as I am still learning lots! but so far through this run I have to say things are looking way better,with some very happy lookig plants! I realy like the mills and will be looking for more. I like simple, espesially when it works!
thought I should mention , growing in coco.
hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing with us nwwbud. Do you plan on journaling your grow? I would like to see your results. I priced mills out, andit's going to be over 300$ to switch. Not sure if it's any better than GH, or something like it.

No reply from that "Mills rep" smells like bacon to me.

IMG_37402.JPG
IMG_37986.JPG

Well I have been running the Mills for a year now. It seems like a lot to get started. But in the end you are not using all that much of the Start R c4 and PK. So they last a few runs. But you will use more of the A&B but that is priced right for gallons. I think $80 out the door most places.

I get some great growth and the final taste and quality is great. I would not use anything else. This is a sipmle line. A+B then one additive. Beside a few things else, Silica, Cal_mag, trepinator, sweet. I do not use anything else with the grow.

I know it seems like it it is a bit pricey. But what I did was bought the A&B and StartR then when I was ready I got the C4 and Then The Ultimate PK. When You only use 4mls per Gallon of water the additives go a long way. I am very happy with Mills. I wish you could taste this stuff. The flavor is great. I have been doing really good with this system. Super easy to use. Only 3 Bottles per watering. Beats some of the other stuff I used in the past. You will like it. Happy Growing let me know how you like it.

Thats a good idea. 330$ is alot for my budget. I will post on here when I get some. I wish i could taste your bud also! Thank you for your input.

hi, i just started growing, and i'm running mills nutrients. I was wondering if you had any advice with this nutrient line. i just put my ladies down in a coco blend, from clones and will be running on a drip system in around a week.

please check out my grow in my sub,
thanks,
Nate

The best thing I can tell you is go with the bottle says. It is an easy Nutrient Line that has what you will need. You are growing Coco so make sure you are using a Silica Additive and Cal Mag additive. I use the Silica Blast from Botanicare and the Cal mag from Boatanicare. About 5ml of The silica blast and 3ml of CalMag per gallon. You can go online and check out there feed sheet. I use the Medium Feed scheduled. Because I do not run C02, they do fine. If you are running a lower wattage lamp go with the easy feed, if you are running a higher watt go with medium and if you are running C02 go with the higher one. But as always keep an eye on your girls. They will tell you if you need to lower or higher you PPM.

Thanks for the advice! i dropped them 1 round of a light-medium duty feeding and got a little bit of of burn. maybe 10% of all my leaves got 10%-15% burn max, so very minimal. I flushed them with some ph'd h2o, and i'm letting my soil get good and dry now. after readying your post I'm definitely going to try and up my whole feeding schedule ppm a bit. (i'm running 2000w 12 plants ea, in co2) i also went through and did some research on my soil/additives in Batch 64. it contains a ton of rice hulls for Silica, and oyster shell of my cal-mag. Ingredients are as follows: coco coir, perlite, pumice, rice hulls, expanded shale, biochar, oyster shell, metamorphose evaporite, yucca extract, and mycorrhizae. I am not clear on percentages except that it is about 50% coir. let me know if you still think i should invest in the aditives.

I would use the silica as buffer for you water if you running R/O water. It will with the big fluctuations in PH when adding your nutes. When you use the r/o it strips those out. But as for the calmag see how she goes, you should be fine.

pH problems anyone? I have been adding around 3ml per gallon cal mag and keep my Mills around 5ml AB 4ml R in veg. Ive noticed If I leave it in my res aerating, my pH will rise from 5.8 to 6.5 by the next day. Could it be from aerating it?

Back
Top Bottom