What is the deal with Mills Nutrients?

I don't know if it is from aerating but it sounds like that may be it. The way I see it if the water evaporates maybe the nutrients go with it? Probably wrong but that's what it's all about, process of elimination ;) I have read that your water can drop or rise in pH day to day. So I would always check it and balance it to what is recommended. I try to keep it as close to 6 as I can. This is my first time growing cannabis and so far for me keeping my pH at 6 has worked very well. Right now I am just waiting for the roots to develop a little more before I move her to a 5 gallon container. I'm just using a premixed soil with Mill's Nutrients. I will let you know how Chief Happy Leaf does though out her life cycle XD Definitely going to sub this thread...

It was definitely from aerating. I switched my air pump to 15 minutes on, 4 times a day. pH has stayed pretty steady. Also cut the calmag and other additives. The line doesn't need it.

I just ran mills for the first time. Pretty much stuck to the "medium" recommended doses. getting ready to harvest within a week or so now. One this I can say about it is it burned the shit out of my sativa plants but didn't burn my indica at all. Though it burned my sativa, the buds didn't sustain any damage and got huge. I didn't really mind seeing the fan leaves burned.

Hey people i was wondering about Mills Nutrients. I have been hearing, and seeing them around lately, and all i hear is mills pays the bills.

Why?

What are some reasons to make the switch?

Does anyone have comparisons to other nutrients with the same strain, and environment?

If you are out there please show me some pics. A timeline comparison would be outstanding.

Thank you , i hope yer stoned reading this.

Mills fails to reveal what exactly their product analyzes as far as N-P-K or any other ingredients. How can a grower determine any difficiencies that occur or how much of other nutrients to include when you don't know whats in it? It's a sham company that does not offer any results on their bottles or when inquiring at their website, for information that all other nutrient manufacturers place on their product. I am returning the bottles I was convinced into buying. I had no idea they would refuse to have the analysis printed and/or available for customers. That is wrong! It shouldn't be allowed in the USA without proper analysis of the product. Its that simple.

We are just finishing our first run with Mills. The colas on Lemon Skunk are so big they caved in due to small weak stems. Supported with several poles and twine spider-webbed. 8 week veg. and had its own 1000w. 1200-1400 ppm

Has anyone found this to be problem? I have started to using Pro-Tekt to get bigger stronger stems.

They say mills pays the bills, the truth is if you use mills you will never pay the bills. There are all kinds of problems each strain, need different ppm, and when you find out what the right ppm is you will lose the entire harvest

They say mills pays the bills, the truth is if you use mills you will never pay the bills. There are all kinds of problems each strain, need different ppm, and when you find out what the right ppm is you will lose the entire harvest

yes, they do not and will not reveal the NPK of their product making it impossible to add enhancers at any time. You know, everyone likes to add a bud enlarger at the beginning of the flowering and then ad a trichome booster to ripen up the yield just before harvest. NO CAN DO with mills because you don't know how much of that stuff is in it and it'll burn those buds if there's too much. So, how can you trust a company who sets it up so you can't use any other enhancers or products. They are scandalous. I called them to find out the NPK of their product and they said it was top secret. Well, I wasn't asking them to reveal what all secret stuff is in it, just the amount of NPK. And they wouldn't even do that. Experienced growers will ever use their product because of this. And their shit is expensive. I spent 45 bucks on some vegging fertilizer and thought I would get the details of the product on the internet, but no way. They wouldn't tell me shit about it, so I wasted 45 bucks cause I can't use something thats a guessing game on my crop. FUCK Mills.

yes, they do not and will not reveal the NPK of their product making it impossible to add enhancers at any time. You know, everyone likes to add a bud enlarger at the beginning of the flowering and then ad a trichome booster to ripen up the yield just before harvest. NO CAN DO with mills because you don't know how much of that stuff is in it and it'll burn those buds if there's too much. So, how can you trust a company who sets it up so you can't use any other enhancers or products. They are scandalous. I called them to find out the NPK of their product and they said it was top secret. Well, I wasn't asking them to reveal what all secret stuff is in it, just the amount of NPK. And they wouldn't even do that. Experienced growers will ever use their product because of this. And their shit is expensive. I spent 45 bucks on some vegging fertilizer and thought I would get the details of the product on the internet, but no way. They wouldn't tell me shit about it, so I wasted 45 bucks cause I can't use something thats a guessing game on my crop. FUCK Mills.
You are wrong. I've been using Mills AB for years and the NPK is on the label.
I ran a side-by-side test last year with Mills AB vs DynaGro Foliage Pro and it wasn't even close. Plants that got Mills were bigger overall, and the leaves had a better texture.

If you type "mills nutrients" into your favorite search engine, you'll find their site and they absolutely DO show the NPK percents on there. I didn't look much, but the pictures of the bottles they show have the numbers right on the front.

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

OK. Just finished up my 120 day side by side test between mills and cutting edge solutions. Amazing results. I've come to the conclusion that mills sucks. I mean in a bad way. The root mass was horrible. Skinny and scrawny branches and terrible bud production. Between 2 plants, one gorilla glue and one blueberry headband, weigh out dry is just over 5 ounces. I've stopped using it. Not happy at all.
Now, the cutting edge solutions rocked. Same 2 strains. Root mass was awesome. Thick stalks and fat branches. Big Bud production. Weight dry was almost a pound. Great flavor and sticky icky! Super happy.
I wanted to do a journal but been too busy. I'll be doing another side by side of heavy 16 vs. nectar of the gods next....I'll journal these .

sent from the happiest place on earth!

I've come to the conclusion that mills sucks. I mean in a bad way. The root mass was horrible. Skinny and scrawny branches and terrible bud production. Between 2 plants, one gorilla glue and one blueberry headband, weigh out dry is just over 5 ounces.

I have to profoundly disagree with your "conclusion". I have had none of the problems you describe, using Mills under the light feeding schedule topping out at 14ml/gal of A + B and the recommended amounts of Mills additives, I have had amazing bud sets with roots so prolific they are nearly clogging my 2inch PVC pipes. I have a Gorilla glue right now that is falling over with weight and emitting great oils at 5 1/2 weeks into bloom.

Ill update with a fresh pic tonight 11/08/17 (IG@Freethinkers).

I have to profoundly disagree with your "conclusion". I have had none of the problems you describe, using Mills under the light feeding schedule topping out at 14ml/gal of A + B and the recommended amounts of Mills additives, I have had amazing bud sets with roots so prolific they are nearly clogging my 2inch PVC pipes. I have a Gorilla glue right now that is falling over with weight and emitting great oils at 5 1/2 weeks into bloom.

Ill update with a fresh pic tonight 11/08/17 (IG@Freethinkers).
I was in soil and those results were just a judgment when doing a comparison. Is yours hydro or DWC? I had bad luck with it. I followed the schedule to a T. I run just strait up compost tea now and it's the best results I've ever had. Good luck sir......

Back
Top Bottom