what makes glass change color

Glass bongs are different. Alot of glass bongs are colored yes...But they are not fumed with gold or silver. They will look just the same with no color changing. There are alot of cool gold or silver fumed glass bongs out there though...

this is the bong in question:
glass_006.jpg

i mean it seems like it will change, but its very slow.

I really like the bong! It definitely seems to be fumed.

Instead of buying Formula 420, rinse it with isopropyl alcohol mixed with salt, stizz1le. It works like a charm and saves you a lot of money. Those head shop sold cleaners can get pretty expensive.

i too like color changing smoking devices I once made the mistake of "scraping" the resin off the side of a beautiful color changing pipe and the color never came back.. since then I ALWAYS use a solution to clean my color changers.

to color glass is quit simple...
One process for color in a bong let say...
I have a bong that is already formed and so I place it into a glass lathe securely.
I would turn the glass bong until it came up to temp....Orange hot..
Then I would take a small stick of cain glass which is a glass stick 1/8 in. by 8in.
Then I take and heat the end of the cain and stick a small piece of gold to the end...
Now I will turn up my torch and heat the end were the gold drop is, and pointing it at the glass bong that too is up to temp. I will then be blowing gold vapor over the bong and the bongs color will be a lovely red or pinkish color at this point....
Now it will scratch off if it is not sealed with a coat of pure silica.. same thing but no gold....
Oh and clean those nasty pipes....No one needs a lung infection....

Back
Top Bottom