What many DR's will never understand about cannabis

Purple Goose

I was sitting tonight thininking to myself about the powerful effects of cannabis for its ability to soothe so many of our ills and how DR's have found that the raw plant is able to provide greater comfort then pharmaceutical derivitives of it such as Marinol,Sativex and Nabilone to name the ones that come to mind immiediately. And while thinking about this I came to the unescapeable conclusion that Dr's will always fail to see.

And it is simply this ! It is not the mere chemicals that make up the cannabis plant that provide its healing properties alone oh no I feel it is far more then mere drugs it is everything about the plant that gives us its ability to heal and soothe. From its scent that can be piney or lemony fruity or smell like buble gum we ate as children it can remind us of the scents of camping at times with its rich musky aroma as well as its sweet scent can be as exotic as the rarest tropical plants to the most common Pine trees and oaks that surrounded us as children on our first camping trips. And besides its smell it also has a distinct flavour when eaten some are spicy and hot adding zest to even the spicest dish yet I have also encountered strains that were sweet and made chocolate chip cookies even more delicious it has added a savoury rich flavour to the barbecue sauces I add to my steaks. Its appearance of its flowers when trimmed are bright and beautiful as it grows it is one of the most attractive plants I have ever seen some that are bright purple and others with rich tones of blue and gold ,red and yellow it comes in every shape ,size and color imaginable. I trully believe it is all of these things that give it the ability to soothe us. To those of us who have taken the time to learn about this plant and see it for what it is a gift from our creator put here to ease our pains in nature everything seeks a balance and all life forms rely on one another to thrive I trully believe cannabis evolved the way it did so that it could provide us with food ,fuel,clothes and medicine our creator put it here so that we need not suffer and we in turn as we made use of it were meant to spread its seed so that in its ability to help us to thrive and prosper we would then continue to cultivate it and ensure its survival. All of its many aspects scent , appearance ,flavour and effect are all survival traits that were built into it to attract us to it so that we would use it and then continue its existence as our own in the time before our arrogance thought we could out do god in our ability to heal. To this day scientist maintain that the cure to many of lifes illnesses are hidden within the rain forests in the deepest places where no humans currently reside waiting to be discovered. Fungus;s and other plants they believe will hold the key to curing cancer and other terminal diseases. It was just due to the hardiness and strength of cannabis we found it before the others and like all herbs that have been used in our past it has many great elements. So Dr's need to stop looking at the physical facts and chemicals that make up cannabis and being to look at it for all of its traits before they will ever understand that it isnt just physical relief it brings but it also relaxes the mind and the soul, and because of the sense of well being it gives it enables us to allow the pain of whatever is causing us distress to fade away. Even the cultivation of this wonderful plant is therapeutic I have found tending plants and watching them grow as you nurture them has a calming and very relaxing effect which also tends to ease tension.

What it comes down to is Cannabis is medicine for the soul and if your soul is sick how can you be well?

So you agree with my philosophy about cannabis offering relief for so many problems isnt just a matter of the thc content and other cannabinoids but is a combination of all of its aspects, aroma ,appearance flavour and the even more intangible.

Thank you so much for your support I get so sick of people thinking that we smoke pot is only about the effect even for medicinal patients. To me it is a medicine that employs standard checmical components to relieve pain but it also employs armora therapy ,flavour therapy if you like to eat it (it adds incredible flavour to spicy dishes) I personally find when I am smoking a joint that not only does its physical effects relieve the pain but its other properties help me to alter my state of mind and let me think of positive things from my past which also I find help to relieve suffering. But the uninformed will always see it as just a drug or a weed and will never understand the more subtle qualities that contribute to cannabis's ability to ease suffering.

absolutely, it's a trip to think about.

Often times the smell changes throughout the seasons and brings memories through the smell. Sounds kinda weird but sometimes i perceive the smell differently and ill get a whiff of something that reminds me of last winter or when I was a teenager.

What a shame it is that some will never understand what we are talking about. The mere mention of this notion would result in someone arguing that it is an addiction to the drug that causes this.

A poor metaphor would be the smell of fall. The smell of fall always triggers memories which can lift my spirits on it's own.

From what I have seen, it is not the individual MD's who are at fault and blind to reality.

They like anyone else are being forced to operate within the confines of the law. Laws that do not allow them to prescribe raw cannabis, and are instead in favor highly addictive and dangerous commercially produced opiates. Can you imagine what legalization of an effective medicine that grows in the dirt for free means for big pharmaceutical companies? While their all making money, the government simply will not allow that to happen.

I would even go so far as to argue that the prescribing of raw smokeable cannabis by medical doctors in places such as CA and the continued research by some into cannabis as medicine has flown directly in the face of the governments long held notion of "the evil weed" and the social ills ascribed to it.

I feel that medical doctors and the science which they practice provide some of the greatest supporting evidence in advocating national legalization for all. :peace:

I think what alot of others will also fail to ever realize is every living thing on this planet seeks an equilibrium with its surroundings and other living entities it has to survive with or inspite of. And cannabis evolving to be a natural pain killer and effective medecine for so many ill;s is now accident just like it being able to be used to create 50000 products from cellophophane to dynamite and the fact that its seeds are also some of the richest sources of nutrients to be found makes me believe that cannabis evolved the way it did so that by it being useful to us for so many things then we would continue to plant its seeds and therefore ensure its survival. But if the dickheads in power get there way they are going to drive another species to extinctions before we ever understand it . Would be poetic justice if it turned out that cannabis was the micracle medicine that would enable all those capital hill short dicked penile implant wearers to actually stand up like real mean who wont need a Dr to implant ballons in there pipe . But the point is they wont even test it and usually when someone is afraid to test something to prove it is as terrible as its supposed to be they must hve something to hide or know there is a lack of evidence. For me the evidence is simple Ill obey marijuana laws when they can explain why hemp wich has no thc and is not psychoactive in anyways was made illegal with cannabis ? was it because the po;iticians actually thought that we would smoke rope when we couldnt get cannabis cause hemp is basically rope. or did they think that we would be able to make a plant with no thc in it suddenly start producing because its name is cannabis if hemp was made illegal because its related to cannabis then should hops be illegal as well because from what i have read hops is related to cannabis and is used to make an intoxicatiing drink.

Back
Top Bottom