What should I do?

Cornetto

Hey newbie here, I planted my germinated seed a couple of days ago (probably should of left it germinating a little longer) and it had a tiny tap root showing; now the seed has made its way to the top of the soil, is this bad?! Is there anything I should do? The tap root hanging out of the seed is in the soil though, I am new to growing so Im not sure if this is like a common thing to happen or if I’ve ruined that plant or what :)

I want what your smoking :rofl::rofl: We plant a seed so it can rise out of the soil... Its called growing :rofl::rofl: watch, water, leave alone, enjoy.... Best of luck.. :passitleft:

Do you mean that the seed shell is stuck on the cotyledon leafs? You have a stem sticking out of the soil but the seed shell is holding back leafs? If so, sprinkle a little water on it and carefully remove the husk with tweezers to expose the leafs. Seed shells/husks stuck to cotyledons is often referred to as helmet heads and happens most often when the seed was not burried deep enough. The soils friction should remove them naturally when the sprout moves up through the dirt.

Farside, Here’s a photo of it

Attachments

• E8F20DEE-F23C-4800-A1A0-215223A284E1.jpeg
    E8F20DEE-F23C-4800-A1A0-215223A284E1.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 55
Take it off, it didn't slide off coming through. Squeeze lighly to open it up, take it off.. may be a sack around leaves (cotyldons), carefully remove this.. if you happen to take some of the cotyldons leaves off also, don't stress its no big deal, just try not to...

Thanks for the help everyone! Last question now ahaha does it matter if it’s not standing up straight at the moment? Will it fix it self or?

It doesn't matter...to a point... if it gets over stretchy, sign the light needs to be closer or a stronger light required... But some will bend it on purpose when training

It looks fine to me. The only thing I would say is to Not overwater. Might be best to do a little internet/forum searching about seedling overwatering- save me some typing and you’ll probably get a better answer. Also look up how to judge watering times by lifting the container (to feel the weight) Really- overwatering is the #1 issue for seedling health. They drink almost nothing, and prefer soil that’s barely moist. So resist the urge to water regularly. It will barely need watering in the early days. Sometime I go ten days before the first watering.

Yes please :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom