What should I do?

The Dawgg

So here is my setup and plants.
Set up:
54 inch X 24 inch x 7.5 feet high (closet)
Mylar on walls
2 fans one exhaust up high one blowing on plants
Temp
27 C at night 30 c during day
Plants (started seeds)
3 plants Hybrid (island sweet skunk and bluberry) got seeds from Just a handful
Stage
Unknown please help him.
Medium
Fox Farm Oceans Blend and Promix Bx 50/50 mix for starting seeds, transplanting into 5 gallon pails with straight Fox Farms Oceans blend
Pots
3 inch start, 7 inch now, 5 Gal pail friday ( i just watered after pictures)
Problem
Ol yellow and stumpy after last water has started showing issues, Water Ph was under 6 as my tester dont go no lower
usually water with ph around 6.4 to 6.8 as i adjust the tap water as it is above 8.0 again tester goes no higher. I did order a new ph tester digital best i could afford for now.
Ol Yellow stopped growing and leaves turned yelllow and brown i would say
Stumpy slowed growth to an almost stand still
Shelby still growing looking ok

so after looking at pictures (yes he watered) Should he just transplant and keep his PH between 6.0 and 7.0 in his water as he read on here or adjust as close to 6.5 as he also read on here.
all help and advice welcome

Attachments

• high fan exhaust.jpg
    high fan exhaust.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 44
  • low fan.jpg
    low fan.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Room.jpg
    Room.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Shelby 2.jpg
    Shelby 2.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Shelby.jpg
    Shelby.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 49
  • Stumpy 2.jpg
    Stumpy 2.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 45
  • yellow 2.jpg
    yellow 2.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 44
  • temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Stumpy.jpg
    Stumpy.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Yellow.jpg
    Yellow.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 43
I think one of the main issues right now is that theyve out grown the pots, I think once you transplant them into larger pots, which if I read correctly you are going to do tomorrow, they should bounce back nicely.
How much water have you been giving them? Any run off?
no runoff and i water every third morning at 11am as can see in pictures they needed it

Forsure they look thirsty.
But over-watering can be an issue aswell.
Are you checking the soil for dryness before watering?
They could also be needing water more often depending on how much youre giving them, and the conditions of the grow room, and size of the pot.
@Emilya has a great thread about "how to properly water a potted plant" and its a great read up if youd like to look into it.

Aren't promix and fox farm PH requirements different? Your plants look like they need fresh air.
Fresh air they have and the 50/50 mix was recommended to me from Ontario Growers Supply to start my seeds in and then switch to full fox farm. they perked up after i watered them instantly after pictures. Its the yellowing that is my concern at this moment and it was recommended pots are to small which i tend to agree with as well. Thanks for your input i will add more fans blowing in and out today

2 are looking better one is yellowing at the top. Using straight tap water as recommended by someone here, they have perked up but after a light i mean light fertilizer feeding the one started to look bad. Yellowing on outside but hard to see on pics its the top leaves. .... see pics below .... the problem is ol yellow

Attachments

• Shelby 11 11 2020.jpg
    Shelby 11 11 2020.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Stumpy 11 11 2020.jpg
    Stumpy 11 11 2020.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Ol Yellow 11 11 2020.jpg
    Ol Yellow 11 11 2020.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Ol Yellow close 11 11 2020.jpg
    Ol Yellow close 11 11 2020.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Ol Yellow Leaf 11 11 2020.jpg
    Ol Yellow Leaf 11 11 2020.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 38
Hey Dawgg, Your garden looks good, I did notice the leaf discoloration in last 2 pics, center of leaves are dark green but edges are light green. I looked at your setup and noticed a few things missing.... no mention of what nutes you are using and also there is no mention of cal-mag. You can run soil only for several weeks but these plants have strong appetites, I would add some cal-mag for starters and see how they respond. They are running a bit hot, 27 is about max for indoors

see what other replies come in

How long have they been in their new pots?
If it was me, I forgo the PHing, and see what happens, but I'd also add a tablespoon of Epsom Salts to a gallon/4L of water and green her back up :thumb:

I grow in FFOF also :high-five: and I never PH anything...ever...

Get the basic FF nutrient trio, cause they'll need to be fed soon :morenutes:

How long have they been in their new pots?
If it was me, I forgo the PHing, and see what happens, but I'd also add a tablespoon of Epsom Salts to a gallon/4L of water and green her back up :thumb:

I grow in FFOF also :high-five: and I never PH anything...ever...

Get the basic FF nutrient trio, cause they'll need to be fed soon :morenutes:
Been in new pots 2 weeks and for fertilizer i was recommended by my grow supply store to use Pro Blend Grow and Bloom. I added 10ml to 4 liter of water last watering and will do the Epson Salts my next. I have one question should i use Epson Salts at the same time as i do my fertilizer as i was recommended every other water and i watered just before i got the suggestion to add Epson Salts

Hey Dawgg, Your garden looks good, I did notice the leaf discoloration in last 2 pics, center of leaves are dark green but edges are light green. I looked at your setup and noticed a few things missing.... no mention of what nutes you are using and also there is no mention of cal-mag. You can run soil only for several weeks but these plants have strong appetites, I would add some cal-mag for starters and see how they respond. They are running a bit hot, 27 is about max for indoors

see what other replies come in
what is Cal Mag?
Nuts are Pro Blend Grow and Bloom

Been in new pots 2 weeks and for fertilizer i was recommended by my grow supply store to use Pro Blend Grow and Bloom. I added 10ml to 4 liter of water last watering and will do the Epson Salts my next. I have one question should i use Epson Salts at the same time as i do my fertilizer as i was recommended every other water and i watered just before i got the suggestion to add Epson Salts

what is Cal Mag?
Nuts are Pro Blend Grow and Bloom
Ah yeah :hmmmm: different nutrients will drop or raise PH to unacceptable levels, that's why when in Fox Farms soil, you should use the Fox Farms nutrients, they are formulated to work together for a better balance of everything :thumb:

The PH of my water (last checked about 4 years ago :rofl:) runs about 7.2...when I add my nutrients it drops to 6.7, if I were to add some Epsom Salts (epsom salts =mag from cal mag) it raises it back to 6.9 - 7...BUT...the FFOF will buffer it to perfect, about 6.4 ...so therefore no need to PH...

And this is cal-mag (calcium and magnesium sulfate) along with the nutrients you need

Ah yeah :hmmmm: different nutrients will drop or raise PH to unacceptable levels, that's why when in Fox Farms soil, you should use the Fox Farms nutrients, they are formulated to work together for a better balance of everything :thumb:

The PH of my water (last checked about 4 years ago :rofl:) runs about 7.2...when I add my nutrients it drops to 6.7, if I were to add some Epsom Salts (epsom salts =mag from cal mag) it raises it back to 6.9 - 7...BUT...the FFOF will buffer it to perfect, about 6.4 ...so therefore no need to PH...

And this is cal-mag (calcium and magnesium sulfate) along with the nutrients you need
I checked when i added the nutrients and the PH was at 6.4 my tap water is around 7.2 and i let sit open for about 2 days. I will buy those nutrients soon but i think CAL Mag maybe next, how do I know how much to use and when it is required?

All plants need NPK this is what your base nutes are but higher levels of calcium and magnesium are also needed by our crop. Cal-mag is typically a seperate product. Read the label on dosing most use cal mag with every feeding. If you learn to do the math then you dont have to mix whole gallons at a time, use a syringe not a spoon so you don’t waste nutes or make your portions too strong

6 mil per gallon 128oz
3 mil per half gallon 64oz
1.5 mil per quart 32oz

these are all same strength right? It’s just smaller batches

Well it looks like potting up to 5 gallon has worked wonders with those little pots & temps between 27c to 30c they would dry up pretty quickly.

How ever the new compost should have enough nutrients to support plant growth for a few weeks I do believe they suggest some other base nutrients - product guide line.

How ever the lighter edges of the leaf margin may suggest nutrient burn in the early stages & this would point to the nutrients pre loaded in the fox farm ocean compost blend or EC rating... it is not the first time fox farm have burnt your plants or others & may just need to stick to their range products to keep things safe.

Personally I'll ride this mild issue out for a couple weeks as you have suggested you are growing a couple of different strains which may require totally different care & nutrient regime.

Have fun :green_heart:

All plants need NPK this is what your base nutes are but higher levels of calcium and magnesium are also needed by our crop. Cal-mag is typically a seperate product. Read the label on dosing most use cal mag with every feeding. If you learn to do the math then you dont have to mix whole gallons at a time, use a syringe not a spoon so you don’t waste nutes or make your portions too strong

6 mil per gallon 128oz
3 mil per half gallon 64oz
1.5 mil per quart 32oz

these are all same strength right? It’s just smaller batches
I use a syringe already and ordered Cal Mag this morning. It sounds like diff strands but its the same just a hybrid seed i ordered from a place called Just a Handful (seed Store) not sure yet how good the seeds are but all 3 plants look way different for the same seed crop. I was also thinking maybe they are all different. I will now use Cal Mag like suggested and its the same brand as my nutrients so it should be fine. the grow supply store recommended these Nutrients to me instead of FF Nutrients. They are Botanicare Pro Blend Grow and Bloom as well as now Cal Mag.

These are my Nutrients I was suggested to use from the grow supply store i got my Fox Farm soil from. Yes purchased at same time so they knew the soil it was being used in. I noticed both grow and bloom has Calcium and magnesium. Should i still use Cal Mag when i add Nutrients

20201116_100216.jpg

20201116_100211.jpg

20201116_100206_HDR.jpg

20201116_100145_HDR.jpg

Why did the one burn. All had same things done to the T. Scrapped the burned one today. I think its time to hit it with Nutrients. If anyone reads this please advise do i add the nutrients at what the directions say or just add around a third like i am thinking

20201118_103046.jpg

20201118_103029.jpg

20201118_102816_HDR.jpg

20201118_102811.jpg

20201118_102808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom