What Symptoms Do Patients Treat With Medicinal Cannabis?

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
One question the 2011 Medical Marijuana Survey (sponsored by Legalize Utah) queried which received some of the most detailed responses was" "Do you use Medical Marijuana to treat any physical or psychological conditions and if so, which conditions".

The first responses were "To treat Asperger's syndrome" while the next response indicated "For severe Anxiety and Depression.

Glaucoma, chronic pain and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder all respond to treatment, according to the survey.
Advertisement

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anorexia, Insomnia, Social Anxiety, stress and chronic back pain along with Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) are also treated with cannabis. .

Fibromyalgia, nerve pain, Multiple Sclerosis and the associated pain of all these conditions are also treated throughout the county, whether medical marijuana is legal or not.

Chronic pain from Scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, arthritis, hip prosthesis, and DeQuerin's are also treated by a survey respondent. Another participant stated: "I'm diagnosed with biological depression and I suffer from severe migraines. I also use it when I have an upset stomach when i can't keep food down it's amazing how just one or two hits destroys your stomach is queasy.

Another participant treats a "dead nerve", that was cut during surgery. It is extremely painful every day and all night. Had a doctor that offered to give me shots to hopefully be able to hit the nerve and deaden it. Which he said was highly unlikely, but was all he could do for me since I smoke. When I went back, I had to go to local office and a different doctor seen me. He retested me and refused my shots because of it. But at least I don't have to take pills all of the time".

Pain and spasms associated with neck and back injuries, stress and alcoholism are also effectively treated with cannabis.

Another participant stated: "I have digestion and appetite issues, as well as chronic back pain, and neuropathy in my feet. Marijuana helps a great deal with my appetite. Depending on the severity of the chronic pain on a particular day, marijuana can really help take the edge off, especially if I eat it rather than smoke it".

More comments include: "It isn't legal in my state. I have used it for severe and chronic as a complimentary therapy to occipital nerve blocks and daily preventative. Also for chronic, profound kidney stone former".

It is clear that there are multitudes of symptoms which respond extremely well to treatment with cannabis and legal or not, medical marijuana patients will continue to utilize their choice of herbal medicine, even in states like Utah.

RX_082011.JPG

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: examiner.com
Author: Gradi Jordan
Copyright: Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com
Website: What symptoms do patients treat with medicinal cannabis?

Back
Top Bottom