What was it like to grow before the Internet?

lol what was anything like before the internet??! crazy tryin to think of what life was like before the advent of mobiles, the internet and even widepsread computer use. kinda sad thinkin how reliant ive become on all those things :(

It was great... Nobody spying on you, everybody calling and making plans on the calendar and then showing up after 3 weeks of no contact just because the plan was made..

Nowadays, life is fickle, and planning life is impossible...

I remember that book by Ed Rosenthal. We had passed it around like some kind of secret code book. People where growing indoors then with T12 lighting. :peace:

I can tell you, from experience just as the internet really took off, that quality did indeed suck. Most times, you didn't know if a pinhit joint or a huge blunt was needed to get high. Bagseed was really the only way to go, and unless you had land or a place outside to grow, you didn't try growing.

And often? the bags were shake, or shake and leaves. it got you high, but again, quality control isn't what it is now.

I can tell you, from experience just as the internet really took off, that quality did indeed suck. Most times, you didn't know if a pinhit joint or a huge blunt was needed to get high. Bagseed was really the only way to go, and unless you had land or a place outside to grow, you didn't try growing.

And often? the bags were shake, or shake and leaves. it got you high, but again, quality control isn't what it is now.

Early 80's...

Pretty much EVERY bag of weed my circle of friends EVER managed to grab was seeded, had stems, and was a mix of bud and sun/fan leaves. Today that shit won't fly, but back then we didn't know any better.

As far as growing, we didn't even know about high times, or any of the cannabis cultivation books back then. We tried growing outdoors, but we were never successful, and our efforts were either eaten or found.

I am thankful for the "innernets", and the HUGE amount of information available for those willing to search. I am also thankful for my fellow growers that share what they have learned.

Before the internet? lots of going to the library, walking out with a hand truck full of books, only to come back in 2 weeks to get another load. New growers had to probably ask their gardener friends, but probably substituted tomatoes or corn for pot in the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom