I search for the meaning in a life Confusing me for somebody else It must not like

HeadMed

Dude....

Just sayin....

I went for 3 years on perpetual harvest... and never missed. I had bugs once and awhile... beat em. Once in awhile an equipment failure.... but not often. Hell I I remodeled and split the room in 2... built a wall right down the middle... and didn't have a problem, other than the signs of stress you'd expect that I was able to grow through.

Then one day I found this big black mite... and nothing worked. I used things that wiped out spider mites in the past, and I couldn't get on top of this thing. I stopped putting in clones and tried to fight on and get as much out as I could. And one day there just wasn't anything left to save, and I tore the whole thing down.

Took 1 month off.

Nuked the room 3 times!! Serious kill bugs dead fumigation.... full on sterilization procedure... hosed the place with bleach and scrubbed.

And carefully put everything back together... got some seeds and some clones to get me going... and fired her back up.

And its one problem after another... Gnats... ballast failures, ac fail, pump fail...etc.

But you know what... just writing this whole thing out made me feel better... cause you know what... those fucking mites aint back

Re: I search for the meaning in a life Confusing me for somebody else It must not lik

I feel your frustration man..... I am on my 3rd grow and I always seem to get freakin fungus gnats..... I swear they must just be common in my area and my organic soil is like food to a starving dog...I even tried yellow sticky's to catch them ahead of time, mosquito dunks in my soil and feedings to control breeding...and still they seem to always come back.... I at least keep them in low amounts with the BTi, but never they are 100% gone... wish they had a fungus gnat bug zapper...i would smile and laugh everytime it buzzed and got one :) lol

Re: I search for the meaning in a life Confusing me for somebody else It must not lik

Wind really helps with the gnats... I set fans to blow through the plants at just above the media. Gnats cant fly in wind....

Wind really helps with the gnats... I set fans to blow through the plants at just above the media. Gnats cant fly in wind....

Yeah, I definitely agree there.. :) it does help with them, problem is those little F'ers hide in the shaded area's and where the wind doesn't blow... I did find that if you put the sticky yellow cards under the foliage and some even hanging from it, it catches a lot of those low flying ones... It was funny, I had a yellow sticky that somehow flipped onto the back side of my cool tube reflector, so the reflector on the outside got all gooped up, I didn't notice it the whole last cycle, but apparently the gnats must love hanging out on the shade because there was about 100 of those lil buggers stuck to it....like a mass grave of fungus gnats... I smiled :)

DSC044373.JPG

When I had gnats I used two things, white vinegar in a cup set next to the pots and blended some garlic with hot sauce and lemon juice. Poured it on the soil and it knocked it right out. Got that from Jorge Cervantes...But now since I switched to coco, I don't have those problems.

i thought about coco myself, but an aquaintance reccomended airoponics and showed me his set up.

my current grow and probably the next one are to reduce my monthly smoking overheads in order to buy a decent kit, so for now im just chucking seeds in mud and hoping for the best lol.

my ultimate goal is to start producing 10 grams a day average.

my ultimate goal is to start producing 10 grams a day average.

How many plants is that? I wanna keep a perpetual grow going, just trying to figure out how many plants I should start with. And how often to make cuttings. Any suggestions?

gah, now your asking...the answer is wildly variable dependant on species and growing conditions!

lets just say for the moment im using NL autos and they produce an ounce per plant and take 70 days to mature, then i would need....(70*10)/28=25 plants in perpetual i guess but then it gets more complicated because you dont need to grow them all at once as each plant would take a few days to smoke, so we may be able to reduce it to 20 plants in various stages.

gah, now your asking...the answer is wildly variable dependant on species and growing conditions!

lets just say for the moment im using NL autos and they produce an ounce per plant and take 70 days to mature, then i would need....(70*10)/28=25 plants in perpetual i guess but then it gets more complicated because you dont need to grow them all at once as each plant would take a few days to smoke, so we may be able to reduce it to 20 plants in various stages.

Why does this sound even more confusing? I plan on cloning lemon skunk and big bang for now. I was thinking a nice even number, but it depends on the space I will have in the future. With the space I am using now, I can't seem to do more than 4 at a time. With how me and my bf toke, seems to be gone in no time.:cheer::morenutes:

Here is the info for the lemon skunk from Greenhouse:

Awards: HighLife 1st Place 2007.
Genetics: Old school Skunk, from the Amsterdam underground..
Effect: Smooth citrus flavour, complex effect, well balanced and long-lasting..
Flowering indoor: Ready in 8 weeks, but an extra week will increase dramatically terpens content in the resin, resulting in a much richer flavour Production up to 600 grams per square meter.

Big Bang: Chill out and relaxing high, known for its medicinal properties.
Awards: 3rd prize HTCC 2000.
Genetics: Skunk, Northern Light, El Nino
Effect: Very known for its medicinal properties, it is sold in the Dutch pharmacies as prescription medicine. Relaxing and calming effect.
Flowering indoor: 9 weeks will guarantee the full range of cannabinoids. Commercially ready in 8 weeks. Yield up to 800 gr/sqm. Very good on SOG and ScrOG systems.

Next ones I will be growing from seed will be:

Blackjack:

BlackJack's mother, Black Domino, was a clone of a marijuana plant sent to the Netherlands from the area around Seattle. Its father is Nirvana's very own Jock Horror. BlackJack produces hard buds with huge, grape-like calyxes that are completely encrusted with THC! The smoke is heavy and flavoursome, and produces an exceptionally long-lasting high. BlackJack is thought of highly in the medical marijuana scene.

Indica / Sativa: Hybrid
Plant type: Indoor as well as Outdoor
Plant height: Medium
Effect: High (head trip) yet stoned (body buzz)
Flavour: fruity / herbal
Average yield: 400-500 (g/m2 in SOG)
Flowering period: 9-11 weeks
White strain: Yes

Not sure what is meant by white strain...anyone?

ok just casually then ill try to give some basic numbers on the lemon skunk.
this may not be what you get as few things in life are ever as good as the label claims ;)

Ready in 8 weeks, but an extra week will increase dramatically terpens content in the resin, resulting in a much richer flavour Production up to 600 grams per square meter.

ok 9 weeks = 63 days = (63*10)/600=1.05 plants to provide an average of 10 grm per day, IF said plants can grow to a square meter. i would use 300 g as my base math rather than 600 and that still means only 2 plants per harvest

so you see, from your point of view your laughing!

truth be told, just smoking as joints, not many people need more than 2 grams a day to be comfortable, i only chose 10 grams to have room to breath, with that i can smoke without limit (2 grams a day is more than enough for me, i normally get by on one) and i still have plenty left over to recoup my growing costs and be a generous friend =D

Hmmm, guess I am a heavy toker. I smoke in the very least 5 joints

heh i guess i didnt take something into consideration. different types of smoker.

when i saw 5 joints i almost laughed as i smoke about 50 a day, then i realised a lot of people make what i call knockout blunts, where as i sprinkle a little bit into every ciggy i smoke.

a massive dose would probably make me as green as the plant we love, i would say im on a slow drip feed, lol

heh i guess i didnt take something into consideration. different types of smoker.when i saw 5 joints i almost laughed as i smoke about 50 a day, then i realised a lot of people make what i call knockout blunts, where as i sprinkle a little bit into every ciggy i smoke.
a massive dose would probably make me as green as the plant we love, i would say im on a slow drip feed, lol

Well, that is a guesstimate...lol...I will now be keeping more track of how much I smoke. I know when I usually get something from my friendly neighborhood connect, like qt it lasts me about a day. I think I smoke more when I have more. But when I harvest depending on yield, it seems like it lasts me for almost a month. Does smoking with tobacco increase the high? I never quite understood why people do that. I would think it would take away from the mj.

I will post pics tomorrow of the mamis. They're looking good, gave them a shot of nutes. Bent a few branches that kept wanting to go towards the light, thinking maybe I should name the one Carol Ann from Poltergeist since her ass keeps going towards the light. The other one I am thinking of calling Shaggy since she is so damn bushy. Or maybe Alotta Fagina from Austin Powers...lol....Sorry, that's my wicked humor shining through...I know, bad Queen.

Does smoking with tobacco increase the high?

No. And i detest that im addicted to niccotine, and would NEVER reccomend using it to anyone, foul beast that it is=/

for me it was a case of starting out by adding mj to my ciggarettes, if a person is a pure mj smoker then there isnt a reason worthy of adding tobbaco to it.

if however you already poison yourself, then at least we get the satisfaction of a much more consistant and even burning joint.

i plan to quit tobbaco as soon as i can afford a decent vape. ( as crazy as it sounds it costs like triple per week using niccotene replacement therapy than it does to use real tobbaco)

I am curious about vapes but they cost a lot of money and I really don't know how they work.

I am curious about vapes but they cost a lot of money and I really don't know how they work.

Hey QueenTL!!! check out 1970'sgrower's journal, we all had a pretty good conversation about vapes, and things. I love my vape, its seems to enhance the flavor, doubles the use of your bud (you can saved vaped weed and make edibles), and if you get one with a temperature gauge, you can dial in what type of "high" your looking for. Thc burns at a lower temp than CBD, so if you want the uplifting energy high then you set the dial around 300-350 and if your looking for the couch lock high, set it around 400-430F. Check out 70sgrower though, we all chimed in about our vaping experience and he ended up purchasing one :)

pretty much what he said, lol.

i would just like to add a few quick comments.

when you set fire to anything it causes a violent chemical reaction, creating new harmufull substances that simply are not there before hand. this included our beautiful plant which has quite the poisonoues kiss when set on fire, lol

the plant matter of the mj plant is useless to us technically and our medication is only the crystals that form on the surface. when you put mj in a vape, it heats it up enough that the crystals become an airborn vapour that we can inhale without ANY carcenogens being created. (this includes things like tar that cause the dreaded 'smokers cough' and shortness of breath if your a heavy smoker)

an organically home grown bud that is consumed in vapour form, is probably the most guilt free pleasure one can have on this planet.

Back
Top Bottom