Food for thought

elious

I have said it before, i am a garbage man. I get up early and pick up everybody's unwanted stuff. Well i dont always pick up trash sometimes i pick up yardwaste and that was what i was doing when i realized something. A few days ago i had a clump of this foul smelling yardwaste crap fling onto the back of my truck. I got out to roll down the window on the on the passenger side and noticed all these creepy crawly thibgs in the yard waste that had splattered onto my truck.
Later i went to my local grow shop and purchased a couple things. As i drove home i thought about the bugs i nituced in the yardwaste and then i realized that i, possibly, could have tgoysands of eggs from several kinds of bugs on me and i just walked through the grow shop!! So i just want to suggest that this stay in your head that someone could easily ve doing yard work and decide to oay a visit to the same grow shop you do and that bag of mycos could easily have mites or thripms or only god knows what on it. Food for thought.

cher Elious!

thats a good point mate! when i tried my hand at commercial a few years ago... we had a 'decontamination room' (2nd bathroom attached to house) where we showered after work and put on clean white overalls! and had clean shoes just in the main entrance. we decided to do this because all of us worked in commercial horticulture in one form or another and were subject to all manner of bugs and pests all day every day and considered it VITAL. i know there is always risk of contamination and i agree with ya mate, it should be a consideration for all indoor growers.

good point to make :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom