Hacker's Ongoing Thoughts

MaddHacker

I really haven't been back here in quite a while. So I am not sure if this is appropriate anymore. I just wish to enlighten fellow growers at this time and possibly get some feedback on almost any topic folks would like to discuss on here.

I am going to focus on the " freedom " or lack thereof in legal recreational states. My frustrations as well as successes in a couple of the states I have been in. Though my original account on this site is locked out I am working on that but feel like I am fairly well known on this site.

So I would like to start by asking if others on this site have had problems with local or state level contradictions in the laws involving any and all aspects of recreational growing in legal states. My intent for this discussion is to learn more about others feelings on how the laws could be more or less instructional and to discuss my woes with said laws. Please feel free to post here if you have positive vibes, and any thoughts that are not derogatory to others posts or ideas.

Thanks for everyones time

Sweet on the right track.

Ok I will just start off the conversation by stating a hard learned fact that it seems that the laws concerning the grows in the states I have been in are very vague, but yet descriptive. What I mean is they seem to set limits to most aspects of growing like how many of each stage of plant production that one person can have in their possession. It also seems relative to local governing bodies as to the enforcement of these laws. Some of the local bodies I have dealt with are patient with any licensing that may be required statewide, but also add their own local preferences without any type of literature to explain/educate these " bylaws. "

I have no problem following any and all laws involving the blessing of the ability to hone my skills and helps others through my research and growth of what is Strictly CBD related plants these days. These are not only for friends and family, but I hope a lot of people in need that could benefit. Sometimes I wonder if these states are just interested in controlling the whole process in a profiteering manner or are the laws really just up for interpretation by any and all local, county board members agenda.

I lost a couple of moderate grows recently in a state that I have since moved from for their draconian bylaws. I tried different counties, and towns etc to no avail or positive outcomes. In this state with proper licenses, you can grow medical strains for those who have a medical card for them. There are numeric limitations, but it is legal. I was involved in such ventures. I was successful for a few perpetual seasons and inspected/violated by local authorities with not one violation during those times.

However, the following new year brought new local elected officials who wanted any and all people with said licenses to cease and desist all growing for others until such time they could figure out some way to tax that production. Guess I kind of understand that and have surely seen how unprepared legal states have been when it comes to everything to do with overall distribution process and associated taxing, along with overall dispensary licensing upon legalization. Maine for instance legalized a few years back and didn't even have dispensaries for the first at least two years or better. So you could grow your own, that's all. But what if you weren't able to because of the very reason you needed it. Not everyone is looking to get "high", some need the awesome, undeniable help in sickness.

That is where I personally found my final calling, in helping others. I don't particularly need cannabis, yet, but would like to enjoy its personal benefits here or there.

Just some beginning thoughts in what I hope will be fruitful and helpful dialog to help all of us vote in more responsible rec laws.

Please feel free to comment.

what we have found in canada is medical licensing and access disappears as recreational is introduced. pre-legal we had no problem getting grow licensing on a medical grow. now you can't get medical licensing to grow at all, and most don't bother trying as limited home production is legal.

people who were accessing cannabis strictly on a medical basis really have few choices now.

Ok so while I browse the super beautiful rooms on here, I thought I might take the opportunity to expand on a few more thought-provoking queries.

First to expand on the licensed grow thought. I really only work on my genetics and expanding their generations through seeding to see how every 5th, or 7 generation's fruit turns out for medicinal applications. How I have funded a well-developed and quite frankly an expensive green house is by also growing the allowed 6 mature plants for others in exchange for strain/clone rights, and cash payment. This was legal in both the states I had previously lived in until a year or so after recreational legalization. By doing this the idea is to spread the benefits of cannabis to any and all that would like it, but for me mostly those who need it and can't grow it for themselves for medical reasons.
The way that it has been slowly eroded away in most states where any legal grows are permitted is by phasing out the need for any such licenses as anyone can grow with state limited bud production due to limited mature plants. Most states have really detailed grow " rights " for its tax paying citizens, which are surely enough for anyone to grow for their own uses. BUT it does make it impossible for those who are trying to help others, or anyone who is TRULY researching anything from crossbreeding for potential new flavors or benefits, to those trying to keep landrace strains flowing at an acceptable rate for others experiments or enjoyment. All of these describe what I am trying to do...

Quite honestly this brings into play many other needs to break small, but significant local laws in order for some to help others in most growing manners. A person could help these people by growing their plants on their property but what if I have a job and family that takes a lot of my time and efforts daily. That creates more hours of work/help time than is in one 24-hour day. As anyone who at least tries to cultivate knows, there is a lot more time involved in producing quality fruit than just seed, dirt, water, harvest...

Anyone and everyone who has any ideas or knowledge on alternative ways of doing this please post...

Second, I recently read an article an in which the author indicated that his intention was to just plant seeds everywhere using natures methods. Birds, critters, etc. I have my own thoughts on this subject as most would, but some would call me somewhat of a cynical person. ANY thoughts .......

what we have found in canada is medical licensing and access disappears as recreational is introduced. pre-legal we had no problem getting grow licensing on a medical grow. now you can't get medical licensing to grow at all, and most don't bother trying as limited home production is legal.

people who were accessing cannabis strictly on a medical basis really have few choices now.

While I agree that medical licensing wasn't as easy to get after cannabis was legalized for recreational cannabis, I don't agree that it's not available.

I don't agree with all of the medical grow licensing rules but I pay a doctor to prescribe a grow licence for me annually. I think it sucks that I have to pay for a prescription but those are the rules.

My prescription allows me to grow 25 plants indoors. I don't need to grow 25 plants indoors but it's nice to have that cushion.

The main issue I had with legalizing cannabis is that it was so much harder to find cannabis with both THC and CBD and it was especially hard to find cannabis with both THC and CBD that was sativa-dominant.

It's for these reasons as well as I just believe that cannabis is better for my health than a lot of pharmaceuticals.

While I agree that medical licensing wasn't as easy to get after cannabis was legalized for recreational cannabis, I don't agree that it's not available.

our province no longer issues any licensing for home growing beyond the 4 plant blanket minimum. as older licenses issued pre-legal come up for renewal they are being denied.

when connecting with folk from other provinces i am hearing it is starting to happen elsewhere as well.

I don't agree with all of the medical grow licensing rules but I pay a doctor to prescribe a grow licence for me annually. I think it sucks that I have to pay for a prescription but those are the rules.

doctors who charge for the licensing are now being charged criminally in some provinces and in the nwt. those who do it free of charge are being left alone. the argument is the doctors are trafficking in the licensing and therefore the production.

asking payment for the "medical consult" makes it illegal.

My prescription allows me to grow 25 plants indoors. I don't need to grow 25 plants indoors but it's nice to have that cushion.

that was the avg here for personal med licensing as well. if you have a license and it remains legal, hang on to it.

The main issue I had with legalizing cannabis is that it was so much harder to find cannabis with both THC and CBD and it was especially hard to find cannabis with both THC and CBD that was sativa-dominant.

legal has definitely pushed medical off the map here.

Here in Massachusetts, I believe we are able to grow 6 plants a person. I do not know for sure and have never seen anyone out counting plants. I started 6 and got 5 to take and gave 3 away. I also had a clone. I have heard of no one being checked out and I have friends growing more than 6 plants. I wish they would just legalize it federally. I just make sense.

Here in Massachusetts, I believe we are able to grow 6 plants a person. I do not know for sure and have never seen anyone out counting plants. I started 6 and got 5 to take and gave 3 away. I also had a clone. I have heard of no one being checked out and I have friends growing more than 6 plants. I wish they would just legalize it federally. I just make sense.

no one is really going after anyone over limit here either. it's the commercialization of the of the licensing for underground production and sale they are trying to contain.

Back
Top Bottom